Greenmax Plasser & Theurer Multiple Tie Tamper

Claude_Dreyfus

Krackel Hopper

Pre-ordered one yellow and one green from Mr. Nariichi at ModelTrainPlus

These sound like they'll be really nice. Headlights, Work Lights & Cab lighting. A new motor that's geared for super slow speeds.

Nariichi from ModelTrainPlus posted about this in his blog a month or so ago. His blog also shows pictures of another piece of MOW equipment that looks like it goes with this one. I think it's another Plasser & Theurer piece but not positive. Anyone happen to know what this one is?

Images taken from ModelTrainPlus Website

post-180-0-38224900-1406339528_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-01227200-1406339574_thumb.jpg

Any got links to real life operation of the machine? Videos? Pics?

I can only find non japanese yellow ones on youtube/google.

Edited by katoftw

Any got links to real life operation of the machine?

Since the yellow one is labeled as "Plasser & Theurer original (yellow) color", i think this one is meant to represent the non japanese prototype with the common yellow color. The japanese company operating it in Japan is using the other paint. Of course it could happen that there is a yellow one in Japan operated by a different company, but i can't find any info about that.

I have run across plasser and theurer equipment photos in Japan in their classic yellow. Don't know if it was just never reprinted or were later reprinted. I even saw one in person in 2003 in a siding.

Jeff

There yellow here in America, too. So as to be seen. A bit like a Sperry Car. Always poking along examing the rails on the Union Pacific as Canadian National appears to own a few mid-size trucks to do the task. Way out here in the middle of America. But, Plasser & Theurer pretty much owns the tampering business and ballast cleaning & shaping. Wonder if Greenmax is gonna have the rail grinding maintenance train. Where they could put some Amber colored LED's which flicker to simulate all the Sparks those things create.

I've just received an email from HS to say that the released date for the 2 Greenmax tampers has now been set for 'Mid July'. Not bad considering that I reserved these on 23rd June 2014.

Of course as a Brit the timing of the release and the crash of the pound against the yen means it is going to cost considerably more than when I reserved them.

Dave

Das Steinkopf

I've just received an email from HS to say that the released date for the 2 Greenmax tampers has now been set for 'Mid July'. Not bad considering that I reserved these on 23rd June 2014.

Of course as a Brit the timing of the release and the crash of the pound against the yen means it is going to cost considerably more than when I reserved them.

Dave

Are you sure it's not a hoax, how many times have we seen the release date change already.

Hello,

It is no hoax.  It is true.  I cancelled my order only last week.  Yesterday GM announced the product is available.  Still, I do not want.  I have lost interest.

June 23 to mid-July. That's not bad. I have some of those UR1 container flat cars on reserve, which they've pushed back the delivery date to November. Which is a bit a far off.... And of course, I ordered way too many of them. post-3263-0-29464800-1468367087_thumb.png

Edited by Kb4iuj

It is no hoax.  It is true.  I cancelled my order only last week.  Yesterday GM announced the product is available.  Still, I do not want.  I have lost interest.

I did just the opposite.  After an initial lack of interest, I only ordered one from David at L1H yesterday, somewhat amazed they weren't sold out by now.

They took so long to develop, I'm very surprised that the price wasn't higher.

Can anyone help in translating this announcement from Greenmax please?

■ 商品出荷のご案内 ■ 2016年7月15日 05:40 更新
   発売時期を変更し 2016年春~夏 発売予定にてご案内いたしておりました
   ・No.4709 マルチプルタイタンパー 09-16 プラッサー&トイラー純正色 (動力付き)
   ・No.4710 マルチプルタイタンパー 09-16 東鉄工業色 (動力付き)
     (販売元:株式会社グリーンマックス/製造発売元:株式会社こどもの館)
   につきましては、このたび製造が完了し 2016年7月14日(木)に弊社出荷 となりました。
   お客様には長期に渡る出荷延期にて大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしましたことお詫び申し上げます。
   詳しいご案内は こちら(生産予定表) または こちら(製品詳細ページ) をご確認ください。

Can anyone help in translating this announcement from Greenmax please?

■ 商品出荷のご案内 ■ 2016年7月15日 05:40 更新

発売時期を変更し 2016年春~夏 発売予定にてご案内いたしておりました

・No.4709 マルチプルタイタンパー 09-16 プラッサー&トイラー純正色 (動力付き)

・No.4710 マルチプルタイタンパー 09-16 東鉄工業色 (動力付き)

(販売元:株式会社グリーンマックス/製造発売元:株式会社こどもの館)

につきましては、このたび製造が完了し 2016年7月14日(木)に弊社出荷 となりました。

お客様には長期に渡る出荷延期にて大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしましたことお詫び申し上げます。

詳しいご案内は こちら(生産予定表) または こちら(製品詳細ページ) をご確認ください。

Here is what I got using google translator:

goods shipment of guidance ■ 2016 July 15, 05:40 update

To change the release date had been pleased guided by the 2016 spring-summer release schedule

· No.4709 tamping machine 09-16 Plasser & Theurer genuine color (with power)

· No.4710 tamping machine 09-16 Totetsu Kogyo Co., Ltd. color (with power)

(Publisher: Co., Ltd. Green Max / manufacturing Publisher: Co., Ltd. Children's House)

With regard to the now with our ship in this time production is completed July 14, 2016 (Thursday).

Customers

Apologize that we apologize for any inconvenience in the shipment postponed over a long period of time in.

Detailed guidance is confirmed here (production schedule) or here (product detail page) please.

===========================================================================================

Now I need to know whether this train is also working in shinkansen line? if so, I assume the yellow one is the one used for maintenance as I ever watched the video to repair the shinkansen track at night. and with its motor unit, is it flywheel equipped?

I used Google translator too, but it didn't make any sense to me, I'd like to know if they are ready to ship it or it's another delay :(

I used Google translator too, but it didn't make any sense to me, I'd like to know if they are ready to ship it or it's another delay :(

yup sometimes the translator didnt work well..

Well, looking at this statement:

' With regard to the now with our ship in this time production is completed July 14, 2016 (Thursday)."

I am sure this is ready to ship... as mentioned above it is no hoax and no more delay..

All you need to do is to contact the supplier and ask them to have one.. i am sure you'll get it.. :D I'd love to have one as well.. but will need to see if it's still possible for me..

Thanks Robert

I have it on pre-order since nearly 2 years so I just now have to wait for the invoice to show up in my email

yup sometimes the translator didnt work well..

I'd have to say the translator never works well  ;-)

After all, it's just translating individual characters and has no awareness of usage or Japanese vs. English sentence structure.

I'm sure translators will work better in a decade, or maybe even less.

Having seen a large number of the green versions knocking around Tokyo, I had to put one on order... 

I preferred the green one also, but looking at the photos on HS it's showing as much more of a blue.

I'll have to hope that was a pre-production sample and they've fixed the paint color for the actual release.

They've certainly had long enough to get it right  ;-)

Just look at a video and count the seconds for each tie. The you can try to match the seconds/tie speed on your layout.

ps: like the prototype operators, try to avoid running it in tamping mode on concrete slab track...

Krackel Hopper

How slow do these things go. Kind of a dumb question for something so small, but that's how the real ones operate.

If you're asking about how slow the model goes, that is something I'm curious to find out too.

This model has a newly designed motor which is supposed to be geared very low for consistent slow speed operation without stalling.  I know this motor was one of the reasons Greenmax had to delay production.  I hope that means they made a motor that will allow super slow speed operation without stalling.

The couple videos I've seen of this new release have the model moving at a fairly fast speed and the motor is buzzing very loud.  It sounds like they have the throttle wide open and this low geared motor is about to explode.

I ordered both green & yellow from ModelTrainPlus.. should be arriving in the next week or so and I can test myself.

Das Steinkopf

The unit can crawl along at a decent low speed of around 10-20km/h but does howl a bit at high speed, I think this has a lot to do with the fact that the motor is geared down so low that to achieve the maximum operating speed that the 09-16 CSM can run at it has to be revving it's guts out to reach that speed.

Edited by Das Steinkopf