Baltic railways

BalticRailways

BalticRailways

I wan't to share with You guys my own made videos from the Baltic states, where soviet locomotives are in use and also nova days - modernized locomotives take place... Hope to hear something from You :)

Belarusian railway (BCh) freight diesel locomotive 2TE10U-0082 (2TE10UK-0082, TCH-8 Gomel depot, built in 1990) with an empty freight train heading for Belarus, departing Vaidotai station, Lithuania

Lithuanian freight locomotive M62-1244 (built in 1971), engine start and departure from Valciunai station, Lithuania 2013.08.16

Belarusian railways (BCh) passenger diesel locomotive TEP60-0394 (TCH-16 Vitebsk depot, built in 1970). Engine startup and departure with a train nr. 80 Kaliningrad - Sankt-Peterburg, Vilnius, Lithuania. 2012.01.01 

Lithuanian passenger locomotive TEP60-0926 (built in 1980) with train Nr. 147 Moscow - Kaliningrad, route Vilnius - Paneriai, Lithuania

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing, nice videos there and some interesting looking locos that I haven't seen before. Some observations: track seems very well maintained with concrete sleepers and well profiled ballast, and overhead in good condition. Couplings all appear to be automatic, in contrast with much of Europe; no doubt due to the Soviet influence. Some impressively long trains, both passenger and freight.

What is the meaning of the illuminated "E" in the third video?

BalticRailways

Thanks for sharing, nice videos there and some interesting looking locos that I haven't seen before. Some observations: track seems very well maintained with concrete sleepers and well profiled ballast, and overhead in good condition. Couplings all appear to be automatic, in contrast with much of Europe; no doubt due to the Soviet influence. Some impressively long trains, both passenger and freight.

What is the meaning of the illuminated "E" in the third video?

Thank You for a comment. About letter "E". It means that the train is arriving to the electrified track :)

BalticRailways
2013.07.12 Passenger locomotive TEP70BS-005 with a tourist train "The Captain's Choice Tour", Turmantas - Dukstas stretch, technical stop at Dukstas station, TEP70BS-005 engine start up, DMU DR1A-276 arrival and departure from Dukstas, departure of the tourist train from Dukstas and Pabrade stations, Lithuania

2013.07.14 Passenger locomotive TEP70-0335 with a tourist train, Vilnius - Paneriai stretch, locomotives TEP70-0335 and SU45-115 at Sestokai station, tourist transfer from one train to another, departure of both tourist trains from Sestokai station. Passenger locomotive TEP70BS-010 with an empty tourist train departs from Vilnius station, Lithuania

Belarusian railways (BCh) diesel locomotive 2TE10M-3548 (TCH-16 Vitebsk depot) starts engine and departs from Jasiunai station, Lithuania

Some videos from my archive. Freight locomotives 2M62 (and modifications). Taken in many places in Lithuania. PART 1. Locomotives: 1. 2M62K-0756, 2. 2M62UK-0314 (BCh), 3. 2M62K-0147, 4. 2M62-1198M, 5. 2M62-1198M, 6. 2M62K-0233, 7. 2M62K-0969 (BCh), 8. 2M62K-1125 (BCh), 9. 2M62K-0983 (BCh), 10. 2M62K-1127 (BCh), 11. 2M62U-0386M, 12. 2M62K-???? and 2M62K-1163

Belarusian railways (BCh) passenger diesel locomotive TEP60-0053 (ex. 2TEP60-0053, TCH-16 Vitebsk). Engine startup and departure from Vilnius station with a train Nr. 80 Kaliningrad - Sankt-Peterburg, Lithuania 

Looks like nice videos. I will spend some time later watching them. May I share some in a Swedish Railway Forum ("Nordpilen")? There are Baltic Railway fans also on my side of the Baltic Sea!

W040520-007.jpg

Edited by Kitayama
  • Like 2
BalticRailways

Looks like nice videos. I will spend some time later watching them. May I share some in a Swedish Railway Forum ("Nordpilen")? There are Baltic Railway fans also on my side of the Baltic Sea!

W040520-007.jpg

Dear Kitayama,

Yes ofcorse You can. Let them all know about our railways and also world-wide interest :)

W040520-007.jpg

Hey, isn't this the Happsalu (sp?) Raudtee's only loco? Are they still around?

Cheers NB

Hey, isn't this the Happsalu (sp?) Raudtee's only loco? Are they still around?

Cheers NB

10 points. It is the Haapsalu railway (Estonia). The picture is taken in Riisipere in 2004. The railway is gone and the line has been converted into a bicycle track.
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotive M62-1041 (M62K-1041), Vaidotai - Valciunai stretch, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG) railbus PESA 630M-005 going by route Minsk - Vilnius, passes through Kyviskes station, Lithuania

Diesel shunting locomotive TEM2-3276 with a heavy loaded freight train (about 6000 tons, 64 cars loaded of mineral fertilizers) departing Draugyste station to the port of Klaipeda, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Latvian railways (LDz) freight diesel locomotives 2TE10U-0221 with an empty freight train and 2M62-0751 with an oil train, Zalite station, Latvia

Hi Baltic Railways, and thanks for sharing. As it so happens, my lady and I will be in Vilnius in September and i anticipate doing at least one train trip.

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Hi Baltic Railways, and thanks for sharing. As it so happens, my lady and I will be in Vilnius in September and i anticipate doing at least one train trip.

Hi there! Its very nice that You will come here. If You will try our railways for a trip. I can give You direct links for every passenger train (local) that operates our main lines nova days.

Lithuanian railways (LG) PESA 620M-014 going by route Jasiunai - Vilnius, Jasiunai - Valciunai stretch, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG) DMU DR1A-283 and DR1A-298 going by route Vilnius - Ignalina - Turmantas, Bezdonys station, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotives TEP70BS-002 with a fast train Klaipeda - Vilnius arrives to Vilnius and TEP70-0235 with a fast train Vilnius - Klaipeda, departs from Vilnius, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70-0335 with a fast passenger train Nr. 18 Klaipeda - Vilnius, passes through Giruliai station, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG) EMUs EJ575-005 going by route Kaunas - Vilnius and EJ575-004 going by route Vilnius - Kaunas, Paneriai, Lithuania 

Sadly, but these are all ready out from service (made by Ganz Mavag, Hungary):

Lithuanian railways (LG) DMU trains D1-767 (train Radviliskis - Klaipeda) and D1-693 (train Klaipeda - Radviliskis), Kretinga station, Lithuania

• Like 3

Thanks for the videos. Those EMUs in the second last clip remind me of the Czech 'City Elefant' trains.

Because that's exactly what they are...

Cheers NB

Latvian railways (LDz) freight diesel locomotive 2M62U-0111 with a freight train passes through Iecava station, Latvia 

I'm curious...are railways in the Baltics doing anything about the diesel engines in these ex-Soviet locos? Because they have a reputation of being real fuel-guzzlers and require near-permanent maintenance...

Cheers NB

BalticRailways

I'm curious...are railways in the Baltics doing anything about the diesel engines in these ex-Soviet locos? Because they have a reputation of being real fuel-guzzlers and require near-permanent maintenance...

Cheers NB

Dear Nick,

Thank You for this question. Unfortunatly meaning Lithuanian railways, we are modernizing these SSSR diesel locomotives. In our 2M62s Caterpillar engines were placed. We have bought new siemens eurorunners ER20CFs. Old 2M62s with original engines that came from factories are being scraped. Some videos will be attached below. Concerning Latvian railways, they still have these old original 2M62 locomotives. They are still in use and will be some years more, I just heard that they also will modernise them with Caterpillar engines.

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotives 2M62M-0752 and 2M62M-0949 with mixed freight trains meets at Valciunai station, Lithuania

These are with Caterpillar engines.

Lithuanian freight locomotive ER20CF-032 with a mixed freight train, Sateikiai - Kulupenai stretch, Lithuania 2013.05.19

Belarusian railways (BCh) freight diesel locomotive 2TE10U-0274 (TCH-8 Gomel), Jasiunai - Valciunai stretch, Lithuania

These monsters comes from Belarus to Lithuania

• Like 2
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotive 2M62-0568 (2M62M-0568) with a mixed freight train heading towards Vaidotai station, Jasiunai - Valciunai stretch, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Belarusian railways (BCh) passenger diesel locomotive TEP60-0780 (Vitebsk depot), engine start and departure with a fast train Nr. 80 Kaliningrad - Sankt-Peterburg, Vilnius station, Lithuania

• Like 2
BalticRailways

Belarusian railways (BCh) freight diesel locomotive 2TE10U-0332 (2TE10UK-0332) with an empty freight train, Valciunai - Jasiunai stretch, Lithuania

• Like 3
BalticRailways

Latvian railway (LDz) freight diesel locomotive 2M62U-0100 and Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotive ER20CF-020 with a military train, M1A2 Abrams tanks and other military vechicles and technics on the train with a security carriage in the end of the train, taken in Siauliai and Jonava stations, Lithuania

BalticRailways

Belarusian railways (BCh) freight diesel locomotives 2M62UK-0053 (TCH-4 Luninec) and 2TE10U-0395 (TCH-8 Gomel). Trains meet at Stasylos (customs station) and 2M62UK-0053 departure. Last scene - 2M62UK-0053 in Jasiunai - Stasylos stretch (heading back to Belorussia), Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Some videos from my archive. Locomotives TEP70BS, TEP70, TEP60 and M62K. Filmed in many places of Lithuania. PART 4. Locomotives from scenes: 1. TEP70-0335, 2. TEP60-0992, 3. TEP70BS-049, 4. TEP60-0153, 5. TEP60-0053, 6. TEP70BS-???, 7. TEP70BS-117, 8. TEP70BS-002, 9. M62K-1150 and M62K-1091

• Like 1