More high rises

cteno4

Nice work but  I once stayed at a "glass house" apartment and the first thing I wanted to know was how do I take a shower?! I found out that I needed to turn on the hot water first, let the windows steam up and then turn down the hot water......if you didn't you gave the neighbors a "show". :)

LOL! now i have a bad picture in my head bernard!

price is not cheap, but for what it is, its pretty good as its a well done custom model and with interior details and lighting! along with supplies i dont think this guy is making a killing on his labor!

have to look around more japan office building photos, im sure there are examples of this kind of building in japan and look to see the unique japanese style to it. these have a distinct euro feel to them. but wonderful ideas to draw upon! 

he uses the system ive been fiddling with of doing acetate walls and printing mullions on them or doing them with pin tape. the add any external inter-floor walls (non on these though!). then have this slip over a set of floors just built up around some columns and spacer walls/blocks for each floor. means you can easily just pull the guts out of the building for working on interior stuff or lighting.

cheers

jeff

• Like 2

That is weird. If I search for "high rise" that thread no longer comes up with any recent activity, last it says is 2009 by krackle hopper. He was the last to post to int last month! I've always just brought it up with the high rise search... Looks like the update date stamp must be corrupted.

Jeff

I have always used the forum search engine and always came up correctly until this time.

Jeff

I'm with Jeff - it looks like very high level work for the price.  It's hard to think that he can build one of these - with all the interior details and the lighting circuits, in less than 15-20 hours: if that.

The main thing that bothers me is the really tiny footprint.

However, one of these could be the focal point of a tram-based micro layout with a night-time setting.

One can only wonder how the interior would survive shipping from Berlin.