What camera(s) do you use for J-railfanning?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What camera(s) do you use for J-railfanning?

• Canon
    • Nikon
    • Pentax
    • Sony-Minolta
    • Olympus
    • Panasonic
    • Fuji
    • Leica
    • Kodak
    • Casio
    • Samsung
    • Ricoh
    • Sigma

I've been thinking about that Olympus Pen. Personally, it would be nice if there were cheaper alternatives to the M9 like Voigtlander, or Zeiss digital. I have a  few friends who were livid when they went from the M7 film to M8 and M8.2 about how they performed. (for the cost) If film wasn't such a pain to deal with these days, I would just revert back to shooting with an M3 and Pan-X, but what can ya do.

The digital pen is OK except it's a micro 4/3 sensor format so any second partly lenses you put on it have their focal lengths doubled which I don't like because I like wide and ultra wide angle lenses.  So my Voigtländer 15mm is a 30mm on the E-P1, which is ok, but 15mm would have been better!

I have an M3 as well (and an old IIIc) but like the light meter in the M6...  but the M3 with a 50mm Summicron is so, so nice...

-Cody

I've been thinking about that Olympus Pen. Personally, it would be nice if there were cheaper alternatives to the M9 like Voigtlander, or Zeiss digital. I have a  few friends who were livid when they went from the M7 film to M8 and M8.2 about how they performed. (for the cost) If film wasn't such a pain to deal with these days, I would just revert back to shooting with an M3 and Pan-X, but what can ya do.

The digital pen is OK except it's a micro 4/3 sensor format so any second partly lenses you put on it have their focal lengths doubled which I don't like because I like wide and ultra wide angle lenses.  So my Voigtländer 15mm is a 30mm on the E-P1, which is ok, but 15mm would have been better!

I have an M3 as well (and an old IIIc) but like the light meter in the M6...  but the M3 with a 50mm Summicron is so, so nice...

-Cody

If I had the cash to go Leica; a custom MP or an M9, but that's if I were ever rich. In the meantime,  it's got to be one of those new Fuji X100's for street work. The PEN is out, and so is my D3s and all the f/2.8 glass as it is too mcuh weight for the old back to take.