New rolling stock for Yamanote Line- 235 series

Cant say I'm a huge fan of the paint scheme of the E235's. The front looks fine but the side just seems a little boring.  The electronic route maps look very helpful though, very easy to see how much longer till you reach your stop. 

Takahama Trainwatcher

I am happy to see they have a consistent roofline along the set now.

Nice!

I am so sitting on the fence on whether or not to get the Tomix E235, cause I know I want it but am still hopping for Kato to do this so I can do away with changing the entire 11 car train to TN couplers which do cost quite a lot...

7 hours ago, railsquid said:

Finally got a trackside shot of one of these:

e235-trackside.jpg

Is that real or a model? The track and scenery look real, the train somehow doesn't...

19 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Nice!

I am so sitting on the fence on whether or not to get the Tomix E235, cause I know I want it but am still hopping for Kato to do this so I can do away with changing the entire 11 car train to TN couplers which do cost quite a lot...

I decided to wait for Kato after all. I already got the Kato E231. Let's keep it in the family.

1 hour ago, Suica said:

I decided to wait for Kato after all. I already got the Kato E231. Let's keep it in the family.

Same for me also, I hope Kato will release E235 in the middle of the next year.

3 hours ago, railsquid said:

Here it is in context :D

e235-minitrain.jpg

Now where have I seen this? I do recall it's some sort of a park where one can drive miniature versions of the real thing... forgot what it's called....

3 hours ago, Suica said:

1 hour ago, IST said:

Same for me also, I hope Kato will release E235 in the middle of the next year.

Yeah i'm not the only one! great! I just cant bear spending so much just for TN couplers... and yes all my Yamanote lines are Kato so like Suica said let's keep it in the family!

8 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Now where have I seen this? I do recall it's some sort of a park where one can drive miniature versions of the real thing... forgot what it's called....

They are the mini trains children can drive at Omiya Railway Museum.

• Like 2