Webpage from a Japanese modular website - 2012?

I think there was a thread about this back in 2012 because I don't know how else I would have found it, but that thread appears to be gone or at least is unsearchable.

This was a link to a large Japanese language website with many pages of photos of small modules and meets where they had been set up.  Quite a few were tram based, I believe at least some were Enoden or inspired by it.  I believe most of the pages had a dark green background, but I could be wrong.  It may have been a modular club's website.

Is this ringing any bells?  The pics were a great inspiration, but I surprisingly did not save the photos or bookmarks that I can find.  This is a real shot in the dark, but I'd really like to find that website again.

Thanks!

Ken,

Yes it does. Ill dig around, but last time I looked most of those modular sites were now dead. Sad.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! Even if the links are dead the contents may be accessible via the Internet Archive project.

There was Syonanmodel, who had videos and a blog.  The production record blog is gone, but he still has the videos and an Enoshima blog.

Enoshima blog

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3

I don't think that's the specific site I was thinking about, but it certainly looks like the modules I remember.  Thank you!

Are you thinking of Doug Coster's Enoshima?  Here's the old thread about its publication in Continental Modeler.

No, but that's another good one.  Thanks!

Just stumbled across one old thread of ttrak modules, prowl around I think there were lots of enoshima ttrak modules done over the years

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/834-t-trak-questions/?p=7949

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff - I'll have a read through that thread.

There was Syonanmodel, who had videos and a blog.  The production record blog is gone, but he still has the videos and an Enoshima blog.

Enoshima blog

That's really nice modeling - thanks, Bill!