Micro Ace A7503 DD16-20

Lawrence

Can anyone help me source 2 traction tyres for this model please? I cannot find any information on the correct size :icon_scratch:

Can anyone help me source 2 traction tyres for this model please? I cannot find any information on the correct size :icon_scratch:

Dear Lawrence,

I called MA and verified this.  They can't provide wheel and traction tyre specification but can accept repair and fix by them if you send to MA with charge.

If you prefer DIY, I'd recommend you to measure wheel diameter and width and try to find compatible traction tyre released from KATO and Tomix and try...

• Like 1

nartak - thank you for doing that, very kind of you, I will keep it in mind

Jeff - may consider that as the easier option if I can't find electronic callipers and suitable replacements anywhere

One of our club members recently got it and I think he did a repair with it so ill try and find out what his results were. It's gotten good results from folks on lists.

Good luck

Jeff

I'm pretty sure the wheels on these are 5.6mm diameter.

BTW I discovered the main cause of jerky running on my model (A7510) - there was a piece of clear sticky tape holding the wire connecting the front and rear LED PCBs to the chassis; the tape was wrapped around the bottom of the chassis, preventing the pickup stud on one side of one bogie making much contact with the chassis. I removed the tape and it now runs much better, though not quite perfectly and is still prone to very occasional stalling, albeit mainly on those parts of my temporary layout which are electrically suboptimal and causes problems for other short-wheelbase stock.