N Cassiopeia: Kato VS Tomix...

Matteo_IT

Hello guys...

I have a simple question...

which trainset is better: Tomix or Kato?

If there are some pictures to make a comparison between the two models, it's appreciate!

Thanks! Matteo.

Well, it's the same question again. That's no hard and fast rule which is better, as there are various differences between the two.

Like the tilting mechanism in the Kato which makes the train looks very nice around corners.

Then that's the power coupling in Tomix which I personally like as it ensures smooth current transfer and almost flicker-free lighting.

But for the Cassipeia, I think there's not much difference since the Kato doesn't have the tilting mechanism and the Tomix doesn't have the power coupling in this model, though my personal choice is Tomix due to the illumi lights which I love.

Nonetheless, both are fantastic models of the beautiful Cassiopeia~~ I only have the Tomix, please see this thread for some pictures and a video of the model:

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/6679-my-japanese-n-scale-diorama-wip-30-completed/?p=95517

Many thanks JR500...

coaches are vey similar...

The engine (EF510) seems better the kato because has add grab irons, the tomix one seems not...

About coaches of Cassiopea I have read in this forum that Tomix has both front and tail ligths

Kato version has only tail lights, other than this they should look che same