Kato 10-474 Super View Odoriko factory lights question

1954G

The HobbySearch and ModelTrainPlus descriptions for this item state that it has factory-installed lighting, but does anyone know how extensive the factory lighting is?  Do all six cars have lights?  

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10033880

A photo or advice from an owner would be much appreciated.  

Hi,

I have a Super View Odoriko, and to answer your question, yes all six cars are lighted and look great traveling around my layout. This and my Kato Urban Liner come with very nice factory lighting.

Lou L Salle

• Like 1

Yes. It means all the cars came interior lighted with Kato's own interior lights. (i'm not sure about which one though)

There's a couple of these factory fitted interior light trains from kato:

10-912 Shikisai Old colour painting (roundhouse version)

10-401/ 402/ 316 Hida Wide View Kiha-85

10-474/ 475 Super View Odoriko

10-408/ 409 Narita Exxpress E253

And so more which I might have missed out. Strangely, the newer models didn't have this impressive and economical advantage...

Thanks, I wasn't aware that 10-912 existed or that 10-408 / 10-409 had factory fitted lights.  My wishlist just keeps getting longer. 

I think I'll purchase the Super View Odoriko along with its 4-car add-on set.  That would be around 21000 JPY from AmiAmi.   

Thanks, I wasn't aware that 10-912 existed or that 10-408 / 10-409 had factory fitted lights.  My wishlist just keeps getting longer. 

I think I'll purchase the Super View Odoriko along with its 4-car add-on set.  That would be around 21000 JPY from AmiAmi.

Bulb or led interiore light?

It's important to me because bulb does not like DCC

Thanks

hi everyone!

i need help!

how do i remove the shell of the Kato Super View Odoriko???

Please help me !!!

Dear NEX-989,

1. Remove "hood" (sorry, I don't know correct English term on it) on both car end.

2. Remove bogies.

3. Unlock small plastic hook at the bottom of the body and you can make upper and lower body apart.

When I found out how to do this on my SVO, I had to buy upper body assy parts....

post-1765-0-43531500-1398614471_thumb.jpg

post-1765-0-18043100-1398614483_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

truely works this way but i still was scared to break it
now i just have to figure out how to equip DCC :)

The Next Station Is...

Bulb or led interiore light?

It's important to me because bulb does not like DCC

Thanks

My Narita Express coaches from the 10-408 set have bulbs, not LEDs. I can't confirm if this is the same for the other sets but if they were released at a similar time then it's likely they are bulbs too.

Thanks both for your informations

NEX-989

can you kindly take some pics during your workings to switch bulb to led, it will be helpful for me

i could
but i dont know when ill find time for that
im simply going to replace the bulb with a 3mm LED

right now im trying to fit a Lenz Silver Mini into my Micro Ace DD16 :icon_scratch: