Planning a Chuo-Chuo layout!

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude - Congratulations and you must be excited to finally move in. How do you plan to solve your electrical problem? Can you run a line from the house?

A lot of modelers prefer single line layouts so they can concentrate on the scenery. One modeler gave me the idea of at certain spots on my layout to have trees hide the train from view.

The big thing is you got real estate, enjoy it!

Claude_Dreyfus

It's been quite a long time since any updates were made on this thread.

The reason is very simple, as work has been diverted to the club layout over the last few months, and the insulation and 'electrification' of the shed will take some time - not a top priority so I've been informed - I have decided to put this idea on the back-burner for a while. Many thanks to all those that have commented and made suggestions here.

All is not lost though, and the comments and advice regarding the Chuo line will still be put into practice for Yamanouchi Oshika, which will satisfy my Chuo line fix for the immediate future as its 'prototype' location will be on that line.

As a replacement? Well there is something in the pipeline; altogether different but still Japanese. This will be the subject of another thread in teh very near future.

Mudkip Orange

Kato is re-releasing a "final formation" 201 series later this year, which I assume is detailed to match the way the last remaining Chuo 201s look today.