Going Japanese!!!

Pauljag900

Cheers bill,

R280 it is then as I want the tram tracks to look like one piece with three tracks built into it,like this,

attachicon.gifIMG_1832.JPG

So does that look about right to you mate?

Looks good, Paul.

You may have an issue with the corner of the R280-15 clipping the stone straights when you try to assemble them.  This happens with Wide Tram Track also at turnouts.

Pauljag900

Hi bill

I assume you mean the center straight of tram track?if so,and it does clip it I ll use a 70mm train track and the same at the points,or I may just clip the corner off the tram to accommodate it.i m assuming you ve come across this before,what did you do?

.Thanks mate

With the 280 mm curves, the straight tram tracks will also clip each other as the track to track distance will be less than 37mm.

Pauljag900

Hi kvp,

What radius do you think will give the correct spacing to have the 3 tram track fixed together?

Hi bill

I assume you mean the center straight of tram track?if so,and it does clip it I ll use a 70mm train track and the same at the points,or I may just clip the corner off the tram to accommodate it.i m assuming you ve come across this before,what did you do?

.Thanks mate

Yes, I have.

Hi kvp,

What radius do you think will give the correct spacing to have the 3 tram track fixed together?

541 mm. In a track planner, the correct track to track distance could be checked easily by using the 37mm crossing pieces as guides.

post-1969-0-16185900-1496831120_thumb.png

Pauljag900

Cheers kvp.From the info bill937ca gave me yesterday I tried it on anyrail last night and set my grid size to 37mm,the correct width for the tomix tram track,and the 541 is the one that is correct to give 37mm spacing.

Cheers for the info