Perpetual JR Aizu Wakamatsu Screen Shot Thread

Guest ___

CaptOblivious

Not sure what it is but it did get a hell of a lot of attention from people all the sudden so it must not be common to the line.

I'm more and more convinced it's the train I linked before. In any case I'm certain this train is a Kiha 59.

Good eye, disturbman! I concur. This photo of the model sealed it for me.

ace120132d.jpg

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/ace120132a.aspx

Not sure what it is but it did get a hell of a lot of attention from people all the sudden so it must not be common to the line.

I'm more and more convinced it's the train I linked before. In any case I'm certain this train is a Kiha 59.

Not doubting the observation. Still trying to figure out why this particular train gather the attention that it did in which station personnel and even its own motorman found it particular necessary to rush out ot photograph it.

CaptOblivious

I bet it's a DE10. As I understand it, DE10's are more often used to pull excursion/joyful trains on non-electrified lines (e.g. Suigun) where the axle-load limitations are stricter.

Beats the last two days of seeing excursion cars parked on the middle track. I wonder if they run excursions all week. I hadn't given any thoguht to the fact that the guys who run that steamer might also own and use that Kiha 59 that I saw yesterday.

22840795.jpg

2356 EST - 1356 EST

Closest day yet. Less than 10 seconds apart, but just or once I want to see the train on the right win. Warmer day too, nowhere near as many school kids wearing jackets.

Surprisingly all the school girls made it on time and white sweatshirt girl was running at the last minute again. green backpack girl was on time for once. (She missed it twice last week)

64357215.jpg

0025 EST - 1425 JPN

Here's the Kiha a59 again. Two days in a row. Over the course of last week, we had the normal DMU running in here at this time. Also note the passengers. All in JR uniform too today.

For the first time today I was able to watch the webcam again... and now it's not letting me.

Is anyone else getting errors every now and then? I'd imagine it's because too many people are connected... but I can't work it out.

update: I just did something naughty and decompiled the silverlight... Buried deep was the direct path to the video stream:

mms://center3.ntt-fukushima.com/n-jraizu

...this should now open in any media player (probably windows-centric though.)

I was about to post the train that Shashinka has above... it was cool to see it roll in... there is also (quite often) a level crossing and other consists rolling in and out of platforms on the left-hand-side out of view.

Meanwhile... Steam on Saturdays and Sundays!!

C57 is meant to arrive at 13:31 and depart at 15:25

Found here: http://www.jrniigata.co.jp/slbanetsu/090126slbanetu.pdf

Meanwhile... turns out these fellas couple-up here and continue on. Just missed a better shot of the units apart.

post-61-13569922729323_thumb.png

marknewton
Here's the Kiha 59 again. Two days in a row. Over the course of last week, we had the normal DMU running in here at this time. Also note the passengers. All in JR uniform too today.

Perhaps it's a crew training train? They might be out getting road knowledge.

Cheers,

Mark.

disturbman
「こがね」

2003年7月に「グラシア」をリニューアルして登場したキハ58系気動車の3両編成。キハ59 510・511・キハ29 506で構成。仙台支社が保有、小牛田運輸区に所属。

現在、土休日に仙台 - 気仙沼間の臨時快速列車「こがねふかひれ号」として運転されているほか、仙台 - 鳴子温泉間の臨時快速列車「湯けむりこがね」に使用されることがある。

This what I found about this train here

If it can help someone to understand what it is. I just know it's a leisure train.

For the first time today I was able to watch the webcam again... and now it's not letting me.

Is anyone else getting errors every now and then? I'd imagine it's because too many people are connected... but I can't work it out.

update: I just did something naughty and decompiled the silverlight... Buried deep was the direct path to the video stream:

mms://center3.ntt-fukushima.com/n-jraizu

...this should now open in any media player (probably windows-centric though.)

I was about to post the train that Shashinka has above... it was cool to see it roll in... there is also (quite often) a level crossing and other consists rolling in and out of platforms on the left-hand-side out of view.

Meanwhile... Steam on Saturdays and Sundays!!

C57 is meant to arrive at 13:31 and depart at 15:25

Found here: http://www.jrniigata.co.jp/slbanetsu/090126slbanetu.pdf

Meanwhile... turns out these fellas couple-up here and continue on. Just missed a better shot of the units apart.

It's ok about the coupling. (I got a few pictures of it assembling and breaking apart above in the thread) It always amazed me that in Japan they'd assemble a train while passengers are boarding.

「こがね」

2003年7月に「グラシア」をリニューアルして登場したキハ58系気動車の3両編成。キハ59 510・511・キハ29 506で構成。仙台支社が保有、小牛田運輸区に所属。

現在、土休日に仙台 - 気仙沼間の臨時快速列車「こがねふかひれ号」として運転されているほか、仙台 - 鳴子温泉間の臨時快速列車「湯けむりこがね」に使用されることがある。

This what I found about this train here

If it can help someone to understand what it is. I just know it's a leisure train.

Wish Rikaichan would do entire translations and not one word at a time.

47017242.jpg

1102 EST - 0102 JPN

Both were pulling out as I grabbed the screen shot. (I hadn't expected anything to be on the platform this late) Note, the big guy on the left platform instead of the right)

Webcam is broken. I relaunched it twice and both time had the same train departing. It';s sorta creepy to watch a webcam rerun.

70081862.jpg

Actual time is now unknown

EDIT: Believed to be about 0800 EST - 2200 JPN Time

90373389.jpg

24645254.jpg

2357 EST - 1357 JPN

It was pretty close again tonight. Bit warmer today, not as many school kids wearing blazers today w/ thier uniforms.

I'm guessing the color stripe on the sides of these trains do not denote the line after looking over the past three or four days wit the rolling stock, train configuration and platform assignments.

EDIT: 0035 Notice, no Kiha 59 tonight either.