Kato Playtrack

loulasalle

Has anyone, who is not primarily a Japanese speaking indivual, used Kato's "Play Track" track planing software. I want to build a 14' x 5' multi-level, multi-track railroad with a tokyo theme. I have been using Rail Modeler, and find it just OK, it's missing certain track, and is somewhat cumbersome to use.

The PlayTrack looks to be better designed and to be more flexible. I speak a bit of Japanese, not much, a holdover from having spent three years there while in the US Navy, some 50 years ago. I dont read Japanese at all.

Forum feedback would be well appreciated on this matter.

Regards,

Lou La Salle

Bedminster, PA, USA

JNRModelsNick

I just discovered this myself today also and would love some info. A good solid English Kato track designer would be awesome! In the mean time I've found "AnyRail" is great for straight track design, but doesn't have info on the buildings. It might be the way to go if Play Track doesn't have English options. I might have to ask Kato about it at some point (I'm a supplier).

Some month (or years) ago I checked Kato's PlayTrack software, but as it had monthly fee for the usage, I let it go and choosed AnyRail. It knows all of Kato's tracks, the latest ones as well, easy to use, etc. But JNRModelsNick has right, it is good for track design, not layout design.