Hello from Ash, Toronto (Winter Wonderland), Canada

ash

Hello Friends,

I am new to N scale and plan to build  a good size layout. Presently, I am buying and collecting locomotives, rolling stock and passenger cars from brands like Kato, Broadway Limited, Atlas and Athearn etc. Also, bought so unitracks, crossovers, changeover etc from Kato. Also got a Digitrax Zephyr Xtra DCC System. For the time being I play and training myself on the floor. But look forward to interact with the rest of the members and hope to learn a lot from the experts.

Best Regards,

Ash

post-2353-0-50993400-1396472841_thumb.jpg

Hi Ash, welcome to the forum.  When I first expanded the picture of the SD70, I thought the "radio equipped" mark was the JNR logo!

• Like 1

Welcome ash,

Have you been bitten by the Japanese trains yet?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes I am very fascinated by these but slightly hesitant because of the import charges to Canada. Any suggestions, how to start with these toys?

Ash

Hi Ash, welcome to the forum.  When I first expanded the picture of the SD70, I thought the "radio equipped" mark was the JNR logo!

LOL! No I am just a newbie right now.

Ash,

Are the duties that bad from japan to canada? thought they were not so bad or had a minimum amount before they kicked in. others on the list from canada can probably chime in here with the facts!

jeff

It varies from province to province.  In Ontario you'd be charged a 13% VAT (HST), plus a $9.95 Canada Post handling fee.