Newbie from Amsterdam, the Netherlands

diederickvz

diederickvz

Hello everybody.. recently I bought some Tomix wide tram tracks and some Kato trams to make a tram scene. I hope to find some answers to questions I have concerning tram tracks (e.g. to combine regular Tomix turnouts with the wide tram tracks) and to change my tracks to a digital controlled track.

When I have some pictures, I will post them...

Bye, Diederick.

Hi Diederick! Welcome!

Slowly but steadily the forum is being taken over by people from the Netherlands! ;)

At the moment the aim of some forum members living in the Netherlands is to make some T-Trak modules and maybe eventually take them to events. So far only Martijn is progressing with his modules though. Because of time restrictions I've still not been able to do anything but my aim is do at least something this summer. Here's the topic: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/5238-sort-of-club-for-dutchgermanbelgian-members/

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Considering the Netherlands is really flat and small, it makes sense we're good at a sport where you go round in circles on a flat surface ;)

Anyway, as Densha said, there are some plans to build some T-Trak stuff and hopefully take them to some events. None of us have been progressing much due to time constraints, but I am in the process of drawing up some schematics for a couple of modules to have them lasercut. Unfortunately, work has been really busy the past many months and I spend a long time commuting to and from the office, so there's not that much spare time to do stuff. Combined with me having about a billion different projects going on at the same time doesn't help..

I recently went to visit the 2 clubs here in Venlo, and I once again was reminded at how boring most club layouts are, and how 99% of them are standard Dutch H0 layouts ...

diederickvz

Considering the Netherlands is really flat and small, it makes sense we're good at a sport where you go round in circles on a flat surface ;)

Anyway, as Densha said, there are some plans to build some T-Trak stuff and hopefully take them to some events. None of us have been progressing much due to time constraints, but I am in the process of drawing up some schematics for a couple of modules to have them lasercut. Unfortunately, work has been really busy the past many months and I spend a long time commuting to and from the office, so there's not that much spare time to do stuff. Combined with me having about a billion different projects going on at the same time doesn't help..

I recently went to visit the 2 clubs here in Venlo, and I once again was reminded at how boring most club layouts are, and how 99% of them are standard Dutch H0 layouts ...

Hi Martijn, I agree with you there... That's why I'm working on a plan/layout to build a little Lisbon cityscape in a seatrunk. I'm motorizing the beautiful H0-Lisbon Amarelis tram models with a Kato engine, so they are running on Tomix n-tracks. When I have pictures, I'll show them here...

diederickvz

These trams in real life run on tracks 90 cm wide, that's why I use the N-scale tracks. It makes a real good combination. Watch them here...  and watch the real ones here... In the first shot you see a full size tram on these narrow tracks, further on you can see the beautiful "remodelados", the ones I like so much...

Edited by diederickvz

Welcome diederickvz!

You found some folks close by!

Bill on the forum will probably chime in on your Lisbon models, he was doing the same thing with HO trams and tomix track. Think he has recently taken a swerve into O scale diorams for a while here.

Jeff

Oh cool! Another Dutchie. Welcome! Maybe you're also interested in joining the little T-Trak effort we were about to kick off, just before I decided to trade the Netherlands for Japan. It's right up your alley I think.

• Like 1

yes just blame everything on Toni, he deserves it to be there in Japan with all the Trains (both real and model!)   ;-p

jeff

To make a street turnout (points) at present to match Tomix Wide Tram track, you need to buy theTomix  3079 accessory kit (not the 3076 -- different street texture and color). You will not really need most of it, since they now offer street curves and straights ready-made, but you will want to use the pieces designed for turnouts, plus cut various straight and curved pieces to fit. See the EasyTrolley stuff at the link below my name for ideas, if you have not seen that site already.

Rich K.

diederickvz

To make a street turnout (points) at present to match Tomix Wide Tram track, you need to buy theTomix  3079 accessory kit (not the 3076 -- different street texture and color). You will not really need most of it, since they now offer street curves and straights ready-made, but you will want to use the pieces designed for turnouts, plus cut various straight and curved pieces to fit. See the EasyTrolley stuff at the link below my name for ideas, if you have not seen that site already.

Rich K.

Yes I found that site and it was this site that made me look for those coverpieces... I found a japanese retailer selling it to me already, but thanks anyway!!

Martijn Meerts

Oh cool! Another Dutchie. Welcome! Maybe you're also interested in joining the little T-Trak effort we were about to kick off, just before I decided to trade the Netherlands for Japan. It's right up your alley I think.

You mean to say you're not planning on flying over to the Netherlands and bring your modules whenever we go to an event? ;)

• Like 2