What unlikely releases do you want?

Guest keio6000

Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, defor said:

Fair enough- I'd be curious to know the demographics, as my video searches seem a bit sparse on the freight side, but it's always a matter of perspective eh?

Passenger stock does tend to have a greater following mainly due to the fact that people are more familiar to the services and can actually ride on the trains. That said there is a fairly decent following of Japanese freight on Facebook, that group has 4,802 members including a number of us from here, there is always a lot of photos and videos being uploaded on a daily basis. There is also a lot of blogs covering a large variety of aspects of Japanese rail freight from rolling stock to containers, I have found quite a few over the years and posted them on the forum. Once you have figured out a search system you will be surprised with what you can find, I can’t read Japanese but a simple copy and paste into Google has yielded me a treasure trove of information.  

• Thanks 1
On 4/11/2018 at 5:34 AM, defor said:

I'd really, really like an HD300 production model

So I'm gonna add to my wishlist:

• HD300 (Prototype or Production)
  • DD200 (Prototype or eventual Production)

I love the design language shared by all these new JRF models.

Also this is quite catchy and fits my design sensibilities:

• DB500-1  (Production? at Shimonoseki station)

It seems the same model is also in operation as DB25-1 at Sakaki station but in a Mint/Teal livery?

Edited by defor

Would be really nice to have the JR West KiHa 189 series in N gauge from Kato or Tomix. The only way to get one now is to build it yourself, like this Twitter user did.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Densha said:

Would be really nice to have the JR West KiHa 189 series in N gauge from Kato or Tomix. The only way to get one now is to build it yourself, like this Twitter user did.

aaahhh the Hamakaze~ Good thinking, I want one too! Was that built on the base of the 323 series or the 223 series? It was really well done!

With all the recent Usui Pass releases, I’d love to see Kato releasing a set of ED42s . I recently saw a lovely HO version running (possibly Tenshodo) and love to see a version in N from someone other than Microace.

So with all the recent luxury cruise trains... Shiki-shima, Twilight express, Seven Stars, anyone think some model manufacture will make the golden Sweet Train?

I don't have anything from Kyushu but I would love to see a model of this.

http://jpninfo.com/44435

On 7/25/2018 at 11:13 AM, Ultratram said:

So with all the recent luxury cruise trains... Shiki-shima, Twilight express, Seven Stars, anyone think some model manufacture will make the golden Sweet Train?

Takara Tomy have produced a Pura-rail version so obviously have a license deal. Maybe Tomix will do it at some point.

Folks, 

From March of next year, Seibu Rly. Co. will introduce a new, eight car luxury train to replace their 25 years  old 'Red Arrows'.

This train will be called 'Laview' (Don't ask!).

Livery, mainly white with a pale green band below window level.

No indication of how many train sets.

The driver's front window is domed.

Which model train co. will be the first to bring out a model of this train?

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

I’m gunna throw this out there. Love the 700 Hikari Rail Star.

Would love to have a Kato 8 Car Set with DCC Ready capability’s.

Trying very hard not to spend as I don’t have the space for the layout, but that and a Kato 500 8 Car would do it for me!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, katoftw said:

Fits perfect into the unlikely category.  Kato really only seems to can about JR East Shinkansens.  Every other shinkansen set is outdated or incorrect.

Agreed, I’m still really surprised Kato hasn’t brought out an N700-7000/8000 yet...

Wonder if anyone will produce the JR Kyushu 821系. That lit cab end would be a bit of a challenge to mold accurately with all those individual lights. I wonder whether GM or MA might tackle it.

It would be nice if Kato or Tomix released the old skyliner (AE series), although it was done a while ago by Micro Ace I can't see it coming back anytime soon (the design is an acquired taste I must say).

• Like 1

Folks, 

In pre-war days, the crack Tsubame Express was hauled by C 51 class steam locos, which ran with auxiliary bogie water tanks coupled behind the tender.

I don't think that these exist in N scale, they do in HOJ in brass.

Such a vehicle would be nice for a pre-war Tsubame, a C 51 was available from MicroAce, but not a brilliant model, its funnel was much too small in diameter.

So, for a steam hauled Tsubame one must stick with a post-war  C 62 class hauled train, which didn't require the auxiliary water tank.

Regards, 

Bill,

Melbourne.

KyushuRailFan

I wish Tomytec would release another Amagi Railway car, preferably the currently operating AR300 or AR400 series. They released an Amagi Railway AR100 before, but even if I did get it I have no idea how to put directional lights in it as there's no kits available, and I would really prefer a model currently in operation. I know it's a super super obscure railway and there's probably not much demand for it, but I can dream, can't I?

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:AR401-AMAGI.jpg

Very unlikely but the Kato Eurostar is such a classic model, would really love to see them release the classic livery but with the updated logo.

Much prefer the yellow and white scheme to the new post 2013 livery.

And maybe a GNER set? CJM in the UK will respray a 16 car set...but it would cost £2000 😳 

Guy

FA79CF58-9F6C-41B6-9388-DD39772839DA.png