What unlikely releases do you want?

Guest keio6000

Actually I think I saw an n gauge model at the Los Altos train days in September.  I believe the model belonged to forum member Railtunes, who had his great Asia N Rail layout at the show.

post-3846-0-13326700-1484389222_thumb.jpg

*Edit

Looks like its a micro ace model A0651 (マイクロエースA0651)

Best of luck finding one!

Edited by Kiha66

Actually I think I saw an n gauge model at the Los Altos train days in September.  I believe the model belonged to forum member Railtunes, who had his great Asia N Rail layout at the show.

attachicon.gifDSC_0021.jpg

*Edit

Looks like its a micro ace model A0651 (マイクロエースA0651)

Best of luck finding one!

That one was on German eBay until this morning for 90€ or offer.

No, I didn't buy it. I wish I did though. :)

Edited by Suica

That one was on German eBay until this morning for 90€ or offer.

No, I didn't buy it. I wish I did though. :)

Me neither. I should look around on that site more often. At least i know the right number to look for.

• Like 1

Another unlikely release that appeared on my wish list is anything contemporary from the Aizu Railway. Especially the AT-700 and other similar trains used for Aizu Express services (Tōbu Nikkō - Aizu Wakamatsu). Tomix has the moulds and everything for these, as these are just the same NDC models as the Tarumi HaIMo 330, Watarase-WKT-500 and so on. They jjst need a repaint job and perhaps a little adjustment in the body mould for a car with toilet on board (usually they run in pairs on long distance runs, one with and one without toilet). If this doesn't happen, it's not so hard to make one by myself, but a factory model would be more appreciated.

• Like 1

Some time ago I found a quite convincing paper about that topic. Garratts are not specifically mentioned, but Mallets.

I finally had a chance to sit down and read this paper without interruption. I found it very interesting. It answers a number of questions that I had, and mentions a number of design features I wasn't aware of. So thanks for posting the link.

It does make me wonder what a Japanese Garratt would have looked like, though! :)

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

It does make me wonder what a Japanese Garratt would have looked like, though! :)

Let me have two Kato D51 chassis and some time of meditation when I'm retired from work. ;)

• Like 1

If we are talking about fantasy engines, then my bet is on a 2-C+C-2 design with a very short distance between pivot points and the bogies connected by a drawbar under the main body.

If we are talking about fantasy engines, then my bet is on a 2-C+C-2 design with a very short distance between pivot points and the bogies connected by a drawbar under the main body.

What you're describing is more akin to a Meyer articulated.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
Since I am now more into our local commuter trains (Jakarta commuter lines)  which were mostly imported from Japan, so I hope that Kato and Tomytec would consider to release for the below models:

1. Tokyo Metro 7000 as released by Micro Ace

2. Tokyo Metro 6000 all variants as released by Micro Ace, the Kato one has different window arrangement that MA didn't make

3. Tokyo Metro 5000 as released by Micro Ace

4. Tokyo Metro 05 larger window as released by Micro Ace

5. Toei 6000 Mita Line made by Kato, Tomytec will just release this Jan/Feb.

The reason is because most of the above Tokyo Metro trains were long sold out and if available, the prices are really mounting... So I hope Kato especially would have a look on them.

Seeing Kato has a surging interest in Tokyo Metro models, I think it won't be long until one of that list will be released. The Chiyoda line 6000 (early release) came a bit as a surprise, so you never know what else they might have in mind after they release the Seibu 40000 Series. It seems Kato takes these private rail releases very seriously and carefully, as they only do one at a time, instead of a buttload at once, like the others.

• Like 1

I see... sounds great.. hopefully Kato will do it faster than the Micro Ace re-release schedule of those Tokyo Metro trains.. :D

Another model could be the Toyo Rapid TR1000 series.. also made by Micro Ace. I wish Kato will also have a look on this one.

Seeing Kato has a surging interest in Tokyo Metro models, I think it won't be long until one of that list will be released. The Chiyoda line 6000 (early release) came a bit as a surprise, so you never know what else they might have in mind after they release the Seibu 40000 Series. It seems Kato takes these private rail releases very seriously and carefully, as they only do one at a time, instead of a buttload at once, like the others.

Saw that early Chiyoda release and like the Teito livery vs. Tokyo Metro.  Just ordered a Kato TM series 02 in current livery but would like to see it backdated to original Teito (it's close, given that all TM did was apply TM decals by the driver's cab and covered the Teito with M plates), but still.

• Densha pinned this topic

This is gonna be a long wish list... I really have too much interests.

Some of these are available as a kit of some sorts or could be repainted and/or kitbashed, but a complete model is obviously much more desired.

JR Shikoku:
DMU

KiHa 185 (Tsurugisan livery)

1000/1200 series

1500 series (all variants)

2600 series

EMU

6000 series

7000 series
8600 series

Nankai Koya Line (17m rolling stock):

2300 series

30000 series

31000 series

Fukui Tetsudou:

All sorts of old and new rolling stock, but these newer types have the highest priority...

DeKi 1/2 type

DeKi 10 type

600/610 type (ex-Nagoya Subway)

770 type (ex-Meitetsu)

880 type (ex-Meitetsu)

Kotoden Shido Line:

All sorts of old rolling stock, but specifically...

30 type (3rd generation; ex-Keikyu 230 type)

On 1/14/2017 at 4:09 AM, nah00 said:

Yamato Freight Forwarding containers that are already painted and have the decals on them. 

As much as I think it's just voodoo-hoodoo...I posted this on January 15th. Lo and behold on the March Tomix flyer look what gets advertised for release. I know we count as a very, very small market for these companies it seems like someone there reads this forum sometimes...

After a bit of research, a revisit of Tomytec Vol.20 (the single car EMUs, KuMoNis, etc). They missed a few potential liveries which would be big sellers IMO, like the KuMoYuNi 143 in the Shonan and Yokosuka colours they wore after losing the Minobu red. Or even just release some two car packs, a KuMoRu/KuRu pair and a pair of KuMoYas would fly off the shelves.

I'd really, really like an HD300 production model, but given the near complete silence from manufacturers, I guess I might as well look at 3d printing options and kitbashing a chassis from something else.

On 4/11/2018 at 6:34 PM, defor said:

I'd really, really like an HD300 production model, but given the near complete silence from manufacturers, I guess I might as well look at 3d printing options and kitbashing a chassis from something else.

I’m really surprised Tomix or Kato haven’t touched this yet. Tomy did a Pura-rail version but no sign of an n gauge one.

• Like 1
Das Steinkopf
On 11 April 2018 at 7:34 PM, defor said:

World Kogei was going to produce a model of one in N scale about 3 years ago but the production was terminated, once the numbers of DE10's finally dwindle away to the point of near extinction hopefully there will be an incentive for either Kato or Tomix to produce the HD300's as well as the DD200's. 

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10139117

Edited by Das Steinkopf
34 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

World Kogei was going to produce a model of one in N scale about 3 years ago but the production was terminated, once the numbers of DE10's finally dwindle away to the point of near extinction hopefully there will be an incentive for either Kato or Tomix to produce the HD300's as well as the DD200's. 

Actually it appears they DID produce them, but in very limited numbers.

I ran across this series of blog posts detailing the build process, but working in brass is daunting at best, even assuming I could FIND one of these for sale.

http://rabbit-toybox.cocolog-nifty.com/rabbitstoybox/2010/10/post-c79c.html

Apologies in advance for the rant:

The problem I feel is that the HD300 has actual track presence NOW, and yes, even though there's only ~30 in the wild so far, It's more than some other limited run prototype trains in the wild. The general feeling I get from the industry is that freight rail fans are few and far between compared to commuter services, and as such, neither Kato nor Tomix are pushing products in the classification that heavily. Hell, for all the variant DE10 models out there that, Kato still has yet to produce a JRF repaint in N scale, even though the repaints happened 8+ years ago.

Edited by defor

And yet both manufacturers have produced new Koki and container lines along with EH800s so I’m sure there’s a plenty of freight fans.

The majority of Kato’s HO releases have been freight related including their upcoming EF65-2000 and takis. I have picked up their re-released JRF DE10, Plain blue EF510-500 and KoKi 104s in the last six months. They had already done a DD51 in JRF livery in an HO starter set some years ago and have only recently released an N version. I would imagine there’s just as many, if not more, freight fans running n gauge.

3 hours ago, Kamome said:

And yet both manufacturers have produced new Koki and container lines along with EH800s so I’m sure there’s a plenty of freight fans.

Fair enough- I'd be curious to know the demographics, as my video searches seem a bit sparse on the freight side, but it's always a matter of perspective eh?

• Like 1