What unlikely releases do you want?

Guest keio6000

Actually, the bottom two from Tomytec are very close indeed - it looks like the only change is that they removed one window and substituted a vent.

The big question is whether either of these is still available anywhere.

A more interesting question is whether Tomytec "secretly" has undecorated versions available.

I hadn't realized that Micro Ace had done this - and - I just discovered that HS had a single unit of the Lida Line in stock.  As is often said on this forum - damn you.   And - thank you.

I also discovered that this particular version has different windows on each side, which may be why I hadn't recognized it previously on HS.  I may have enlarged the photo of just the one side, which I wouldn't have recognized.

The third window from the rear, on the left side, has been replaced with a vent on the car that I like - in the initial photo.

Hmmm . . . I just realized that the issue with repainting it will be all the white trim around the doors and windows.

I wonder if I could be satisfied with just repainting the white stripe orange?

I could possibly carry it around the entire car, but then it would likely look different over the white and the blue - maybe a white primer over the blue after masking?

gallery_941_135_90378.jpg

gallery_941_135_153267.jpg

Just ran across this recently, but the look of the Aonami Line 1000 series is growing on me. Perhaps ordinary-looking, but it instantly struck me with its resemblance to the Yurikamome 7000/7200 in the cab end markings. Feels like sort of a more cleanly styled, bigger, steel-wheel big sibling to the Yurikamome types. Some of the Nagoya Municipal Subway types are quite nice too, but those don't seem exactly widely available in N-gauge either.

Umisachi-Yamasachi Kiha125.  Tomytec would be the best bet to make it.  Only need the upper shell desgined, and the motor unit, skirts and underbody parts already exist.

Umisachi-Yamasachi Kiha125.  Tomytec would be the best bet to make it.  Only need the upper shell desgined, and the motor unit, skirts and underbody parts already exist.

Ahhh... then the A-train will be required too~~ Or was that already made by MA?

I'm glad I stayed on the main island (minus Kyushu, Hokkaido, Okinawa and Shikoku)... Kyushu has way too many trains to collect...

I think now most of us will agree to have the release of Seven Stars Kyushu with two locos, DF200-7000 and DE-10 and both locos will run together in one consist.. looks so beautiful. Moreover if crossing with E655 Nagomi, they even more look elegant.. But I don't know if Nagomi also runs on the Seven Stars line..

Maybe Kato or Micro Ace is interested..

I think now most of us will agree to have the release of Seven Stars Kyushu with two locos, DF200-7000 and DE-10 and both locos will run together in one consist.. looks so beautiful. Moreover if crossing with E655 Nagomi, they even more look elegant.. But I don't know if Nagomi also runs on the Seven Stars line..

Maybe Kato or Micro Ace is interested..

Nagomi E655 wouldn't go to Kyushu I think. It is owned by JR Ease...

But I do agree the Seven Stars would be a good make. But it would most probably be like a limited edition box set priced very high with fanciful brochures inside..

I used to think the Seven Stars train was sort of tacky, but its design has grown on me. It would require new tooling, of course, and Kato has already denied any production plans (I think Nariichi-san posted that info).

Maybe Tomix or Micro Ace will offer it one day.

Nagomi E655 wouldn't go to Kyushu I think. It is owned by JR Ease...

But I do agree the Seven Stars would be a good make. But it would most probably be like a limited edition box set priced very high with fanciful brochures inside..

Yeah, I forgot it belongs to JR East.. haha. but who knows since this is an excursion train for royal family, then I thought Nagomi can also run on other lines beside JR East areas..

I used to think the Seven Stars train was sort of tacky, but its design has grown on me. It would require new tooling, of course, and Kato has already denied any production plans (I think Nariichi-san posted that info).

Maybe Tomix or Micro Ace will offer it one day.

Unbelievable Kato has denied to produce this? I think that's too early..

I would seriously still hope for the 500 series to be released in Evangelion livery... I really loved that one.... It combined two of my favourites, the 500 series and the Evangelion series...

Guest keio6000

I would seriously still hope for the 500 series to be released in Evangelion livery... I really loved that one.... It combined two of my favourites, the 500 series and the Evangelion series...

Unless it's a question of licensing, i think there's a pretty good chance that it will be.

Something something anime something something Kato something something scoop.

PHOTO_20160529_145220.jpg

Edited by Kabutoni (a.k.a. Toni Babelony)
  • Like 1

Not very unlikely, but it certainly went on my serious wish list: Tobu 300 or 350. I saw a few today in furikiri and yunosato services and took some videos (will post a compilation later). They're simple and elegant 6 and 4-car express type trains that will fit any layout I think. I'll either bet on MicroAce or Tomytec for this one, but won't be surprised if Greenmax would release this as well.

Das Steinkopf

Keihan 500 Series, there is just something about 2 car EMU's that I find irresistible, plus it would help me in getting closer to completing my Keihan Keishin roster.

Edited by Das Steinkopf

Unlikely that any manufacturer from Japan does this in N -

South African Railroad GMA/M.

Pic: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Class_GMAM_4079_%284-8-2%2B2-8-4%29_a.JPG

(from Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Class_GMA_4-8-2%2B2-8-4 )

For some reason, Garatt locos were not popular with Japanese railway engineers. Even if most of them have lots of HP on cape gauge and are excellent runners on narrow curves.

I don't think that Japanese CME's were anti-Garratt. Articulated locos of all types only played a minor role in Japan. By my count there was a grand total of 62 articulated steam engines owned by the JNR, all Mallets. Their role as heavy freight power was quickly taken by electric locos. Also is the fact that the conditions that favoured Garratts in other countries didn't exist to any great degree in Japan.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

Looks interesting, thanks for the link. I haven't had a chance to do more than skim over it, so I'll wait until I've read it properly to comment further. :)

All the best,

Mark.