What unlikely releases do you want?

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

I'd like to see a Toei 6000 series 3 car set at price of below 10k ¥..

wow Mita line FTW.   I can honestly say that I can't remember taking the mita line anywhere, ever.. even though I lived near Tamachi for a while.

but sure, I'd definitely be cool with that if you agree to have microace do the older 10-000 Toei Shinjuku trains :)

Martijn Meerts

I would love to see Kato doing a high quality BR 103 including a full set of cars... For a somewhat more reasonable price then brands like Fleischmann, Minitrix and Arnold want for it ;)

I would very much like to see Modemo continue on releasing other Randen trams - cars 26 and 27 (the heritage trams) and the newest cars on the roster, the 2001 and 2002. Both would be logical outgrowths of their existing Mobo621 model.

I'd like to see KAto re-release this:- http://www.katomodels.com/product/nmi/285kei_e.shtml

A good call. I would like to get that one too. Actually there's another thread for re-releases here: http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/8245-what-model-would-you-most-like-to-see-re-release/

I would like to see the 485 series New Nanohana Joyful Train.  Hopefully Micro Ace might be interested.

9169453.jpg

Ditto that! We can never do with too many joyful trains! How about the 485 series Yamadori while we are at it? Like the vivid colours!

post-819-0-37377900-1408072515_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good call!

I've been monitoring this on Yahoo for sometime, and it often only gets sold off near 20,000; like 18,000 +. 19,000 +

That's way too much for me, so I'll often let it go.. Besides having quite a number of other train models to get too before veering off to the West/ Shikoku Region for this Sunrise Izumi or Seto!  :)

The Sunrise Izumo and Seto terminate in Tokyo...

Ouch... Don't remind me...  :sad1:

*By the way, the bidding which Kato posted is a bargain at 12,500yen!

Edited by JR500 のぞみ

Until quite recently it was up on most hobby shops though. You can always wait for Kato to re-release it and get other trains meanwhile. :P I also like the 285 series and it goes up to Shikoku which is the region I'm modelling, but somewhere you have to draw a line.

Martijn Meerts

Now that would need a full credit card limit!

Jeff

Would very much be worth it though :)

Now that would need a full credit card limit!

Jeff

Wouldn't mind an N-scale Tokyo Station kit =)

and big room for it only, I think that even on N scale Tokyo Station should be quite big

A 16-car Shinkansen will be about 240cm and it has IIRC 14 above-ground platforms which at 10cm width including tracks, so for the platform area you'd be looking at something like 250cm x 150cm which is within the bounds of the conceivable. Add another 25 cm or so depth for the main station building. Doing something with all the lines outside of the station is a trickier problem of course...

Not really. The building is just 200 meters long, that is 1.3 meters in Nj. Based on google earth photos, the whole station is about 200 meters wide and around 500 meters long. That would fit a 3 by 1.5 meters long module. On the ends, you will have 10 and 8 outgoing tracks. The latter is the actual module standard of the HJMTC, so if someone does release the station as a kit, then we could even add it to the club layout. For a home layout, one could always connect 2 shinkansen platforms for through running and loop them around. That would result in an 6+2 track loop layout with the Chuo line operated as a 2 track shuttle in a half circle between the hidden yard and the station.

• Like 2

Am i missing something? Have kato 285s be ome "rare" suddenly? I bought one nearly new (looks like new) on yahoo auctions for 7500 just earlier this year.

Dunno???  First time I have started looking.  Currently 12,500 seems to be a good second hand price.  And 180-200,000 seems to be new pricing.  Which is about 15-25,000 above new retail price.

I haven't found one in a normal store.  So maybe being out of print for a while has increased their value?

Edited by katoftw
Martijn Meerts

and big room for it only, I think that even on N scale Tokyo Station should be quite big

I meant just the main building, not the entire station :) 

I actually did a track plan of the entire Tokyo Station, just somewhat condensed to fit a little better for a model. I could actually build it too, I have to space for it, but the problem is, the track layout at Tokyo Station is really boring to model, all the operations on it are very straightforward.

Guest keio6000

Unlikely releases thread... this one should be likely:  Kato 5000.   Pretty much a no-brainer.  Unfortunately, the good is the enemy of the great, and the recent Tomytec junk versions of this may put off MicroAce from doing this for some time.   And really, the tomytec stuff is junk, at least for the prices they are now asking for them. JPY 7000 or so for 4 cars that need pantographs, bogies, couplers, and motor and even then won't have lights and basically have overall very average detail?  no thank you!

Keio5000-0.JPG

as fujikyu 1000:

Fujikyu1102.JPG

Edited by keio6000
  • Like 1

Another very unlikely re-release is the Kato Yo8000 (8022). Damn cheap but you can't get your hands on it because it's been sold out everywhere for years. Tomix's version (2702) is also sold out.