Hi from Florida

Zeether

Hello all, I've been lurking this forum for a bit and while I'm not too much of a modeler (I have some inherited Lionel trains and an N scale layout that hasn't been touched in years...unless V scale counts) I did become somewhat of a Japanese train enthusiast after watching videos of Densha De Go! and finding out about the different trains in Japan from there. As of now I am a poor college student but hopefully when I have the income to do so I might try a little modeling...but that will come later. Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

Zee ther,

Welcome! Lurk ebay and pick up some unitrak cheap (usually close to list on ebay foe even used but once and a while you will find some great deals) or slowly buy some new stuff so you can make a small temporary layout to play with any trains you have. Tomy tec buildings are pretty economical and pure painted and does not need a lot of detailing and such. You can make little scenery bits to plop down in places on the temp layout and slowly learn scenery and modeling techniques. This approach lets you start small and cheap and learn as you go befor you do any huge investments in a layout and also keep you playing with the trains and interested along the way. So many wait and wait and wait to do a layout and it can be a ,long time to never sadly.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Zeether, welcome to the forum.  Nice avatar.  Do you have a particular interest in Hankyu or the Kansai area?

Yeah, I do like Hankyu. Their trains are so cool, I love how they keep them looking old even with their newer designs. If I do get to layout building in the future I will definitely start small, I've been thinking of using B-Train Shorty stuff since it seems relatively cheap and compact to boot (although they only have 2 Hankyu trains as far as I can tell, I do like Meitetsu too and they might have a little more of those)

Edited by Zeether