Which camera?

bikkuri bahn

Thanks Shashinka.  The performance Fuji's continuous autofocus and tracking of moving objects seems to vary more on the person reviewing it than anything else (based on what I read on the web), so I really value your opinion- the reviews don't use scenarios with trains- they usually use moving bicycles, bowling balls, or kids running on the beach for simulations, i.e. stuff I won't be taking pictures of.

You mention the 18-135 lens- it's being released in July, and right now Fuji is running a cash rebate campaign if you buy a camera body with that lens- it's very tempting.

I think for trains being as large as they physcially are, AF tracking is less of an issue than trying to lock on to a bicycle or a runner. Sadly, most reviews are either written by fan-boys, tech-heads, or wannabe photographers who spend more time parreting what they read online than actually creating images.

Granted, if I'm sent to cover the war in Syria, I'd rather have a pair of D4's with f/2.8 glass, (despite the fact my GP doesn't want me carrying that much weight anymore), but, for 99% of what I do, an X-T1 with it's low weight, great build quality, weather resistance, and excellant glass is going to be near impossible to beat for daily use.

Furthermore, I think the 18-135 is going to be a great AIO lens fortravel photographers and train buffs combined with Fuji recent rebates, I think it's hard to pass up, However, like anything else, camera gear is subjective to the person using it, and what is great for one person may not be right for someone else.