cosmic train garage

some of the cosmic stuff coming out recently is pretty good.  and HS for example puts them up on pre-order, and they sell out.  then repeat process for same results.  their skyscraper and light kit is awesome.  out of my price range for a new modeller, but i understand awesomeness when i see it.

Did you notice that this actually looks like a 12V 1A train controller? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10118037 It should work the same way as a tomix cl unit, just needs a dptt switch for direction control.

Most of their lighting kits look like something the ones i solder up at home for fellow modellers (usually for free or the cost of the parts). This means there is a huge demand for kits like these and they are filling this space left empty by bigger manufacturers. Their extension board idea is quite good, i always used a strip of proto board and painted it with acrylic to insulate it, but they are just soldering to the underside of the component and using a sticker for insulation. Ingenious! Their price is also very good, they take the price of the components and multiply it with roughly 10 to account for design, assembly, packaging, marketing, etc. A friend of mine does the same for old pinball game electronics replacement parts.