E7/W7 model ??

i think a west will come later as the east is the version coming into use first.

While they are the same train the numbers are different so if they think people will buy the W set in the future then it would be released.

Guest Closed Account 1

I got my full Kato E7 set from loco1hobby yesterday. Nice!

I can always count on them for timely delivery and communication.

i still stand by my statement that the color is actually good on it, it just goes with the design and shape.

Kinda like the E5 everyone said it was ugly at first but it grows on you.

i still stand by my statement that the color is actually good on it, it just goes with the design and shape.

Kinda like the E5 everyone said it was ugly at first but it grows on you.

How have Japanese railfans reacted to the E7's design?  Do people there have strong positive or negative opinions about it?

Since the E7 lacks the elongated nose of the E5/E6, I would guess that the exterior of Japan's newest high-speed train hasn't provoked much controversy.   

Guest Closed Account 1

Sky blue, ivory white with copper looks like a handsome combo to me.

It is not Japan's latest high speed train. It's fast, just not as fast as a TGV or the E5 or H5. It is based on the E2 and will be used on the Hokuriku Shinkansen when the line is extended from Nagano to Kanazawa in March 2015.

The Gran Class Car 12 has the fully active suspension and the others have sam-active.

My mind changed on the e7 design when jr west had their 4' long model at the cherry blossom festival this spring and let folks touch the model. You can feel its subtle curve and gave me a new appreciation for it. I was surprised they were letting the public touch it, quite not the norm these days but wonderful they did it and great for the public and their image and the coolness of the trains!

Cheers

Jff

Davo Dentetsu

To me it looks more like the natural evolution of the originals than the Jimmy Durante nose things ever did.  So pretty much a nice one to me.  :)

Slower speeds and fewer problematic entrances/exits allows the smaller nose as well as more seats in the end cars.

Higher speeds with more tunnel entrances/exits means big noses...

Jeff