Looking for Shinkansen Series 500 motor car

Sugar

Hi guys,

As the Kato 16-car set  (92968) is no longer available, I had to purchase the Basic 4-car set (10-510), the addon 4-car set (10-511) and the addon 8-car set (10-512).

Unfortunately, there is a slight difference when purchasing this way as it only comes with one motor car.

Although all 16 cars can very easily be pulled/pushed along with the one motor car, I would like to get it to the 16-car standard which means I would need to buy an additional motor car.

I have been looking in Hobby Search and can't find what I am looking for.

Does anyone know where I can find a series 500 motor car?

I have attached two pics. The green one is of the three separate sets and the black one is of the 16-car set. Note the differences between the two.

Cheers,

Sugar

post-2095-0-22713100-1390384596_thumb.jpg

post-2095-0-61736100-1390384600_thumb.jpg

Martijn Meerts

92968 looks like a Tomix number to me, not Kato. Tomix often uses 2 motor cars in their 16 car trains, whereas Kato normally uses just a single motor car.

I have three sets of KATO 16-bangers (500, 700, N700A) and the singular powerplants are more than sufficient to move them along smoothly.....i also think you are referencing a Tomix set (which as Martijn notes above, does use two powerplants.)...

Good luck to you

The Next Station Is...

I've got the older Kato 500 series shinkansen set (10-382 plus the additional set and cars) and it has a single motor car but runs just fine.