Tomix Bus System

Vato

vatato, I believe that they are the same size oval with different buses, and with 2 sets you can make a 2 lane bus system. That is my next project, as Japan has a very interesting bus system too. Hope others with more knowledge respond.

Hi, what is difference in between tomix bus system set A-1 and A-2?

do you have links to those two kits?  I'm clicking around on the Tomix site but I don't see them.

3railgreg: nice avatar!

• Like 1

Hi Vatato:

As 3railgreg has pointed out, they are exactly the same set, just that the A-1 set features the Tokyo Toei bus (which is very nice and only available in this set) and the A-2 features the BLUE Osaka bus (also only featured in this set). The motorized chassis is the BM-01, for 32mm bus types (mainly the Isuzu Erga in various colours) Included also are an empty body shell of the bus, for the skilled at hand to try out painting their own customized bus. Neat, but i lack the skill to perform... Like 3railgreg has said, both sets can be combined to make a dual lane track. However, the oval is 'looped-sided', meaning you'll have a steeper curve followed by a more gradual curve on alternate ends at both sides: C103-30 curve x 6 and C140-30 curve x 6.

On the other hand, the B-1, B-2 and B-3 sets are different. The oval is perfectly, well, over, as both left and right side corner pieces are the same:  C177-30-R0 × 12 road curve, so it's 6 on one side. Also, the motorized chassis is BM-02, or 35 mm. Certain buses uses BM-01 and some use BM-02, with the exception of the new BM-03 which is ONLY for highway buses. Both sets contain straights and a bus stop which is the beauty of the set.

Get this system! I have the system and it draws plenty of attention, sometimes even more than the trains itself as it's very interesting something so small can move on its own, and even stop at bus stops! The latest cross junction makes this system even more interesting! 

More info on Tomytec website: 

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/soko/soko001.html 

Basic Set A1 and A2 

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/soko/index.html

Basic Set B1, B2 and B3 

Hi 

I want to do small layout with bus and tram line, like bus-tram-tram-bus, but have no idea how to do, thinking about faller system too...

The trivial way would be to use the c66 curves in the inside for bus, c103 and c140 for the trams (just make sure your trams run on c103) and c177 for the outer bus curve. And it's even possible to install the guide wire into the tram tracks too, so you can have buses and trams running on the same track.

do you have links to those two kits?  I'm clicking around on the Tomix site but I don't see them.

3railgreg: nice avatar!

Thanks miyakoji!!

for a larger system i would suggest

c103-30 road, tram C140-30-WT(F),C177-30 tram, C214-30-RO road. 

you could use the cxxx-60 for a larger turning radius.

• Like 1