Kato 14-070 Hiroshima Type 200 tram

IST

I think many of you have this lovely small tram. It was released again by Kato at the end of 2013, but I think there is no difference compared to the previous series: no forward, backward or interior lights, no detailed interior, no under the floor motor.

I ordered one for myself and it arrived on the last week, so I made a short video about it at the weekend:

This tram was available at a hobby store in Canberra, Australia back in the early 2000's and is the sole reason I got into Japanese railway modelling.

It cost around AUD$40.

It still runs to this day... dirty wheels, completely mishandled... and I love it.

So much that I now have two :)

• Like 1

I too have a very old one, one of my first Japanese trains and still runs great. Got the re-release to have a pair for ttrak and they run remarkably the same.

Jeff

I have a number of these cars in HO to run on our "generic Euro" tramway layout. They're lovely models in HO as well.

Cheers,

Mark.

they had it when i posted.  just checked now as you got me curious.  HS is sold out.  so PJ becomes next option.  probably add it so a EH200 order later on.  make sense now why he posted what he did.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
TimsUniTramUK
Maybe because PJ has it while HS don't? :-)

Yeah sorry, I contributed to that, my three arrived today :blush: but I am fond of them since I picked up my first in a little hobby shop in Yamanouchi which got me started on the whole n-gauge thing... :P

PJ has none now.  And I just visited MTP and lowered their stock to 1.

Cheap postage with MTP.

Mircosoft warm me they failed the fraud tests/checks for the account confirmation and order confirmation emails. haha

TimsUniTramUK

MTP also lacking in Modemo stock now :P Decent sale prices, picked up the last Toyohashi Railway 'Sala' and SKIP II & III which were both £20 cheaper than PJ

Thanks for the link :icon_thumleft:

Once I saw this tram in white windows/yellow body paint on the net with 1 or 2 trailers. Does anyone know it's kato product number?

Those were probably one of these:

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=104&scope=1&scope2=0&itkey=kato+Duwag

http://www.1999.co.jp/search_e.asp?Typ1_c=104&scope=1&scope2=0&itkey=kato+hannover+tram+n+scale

They are German Düwag trams. The Hiroshima version is the same type.

They are German Düwag trams. The Hiroshima version is the same type.

Yes, thanks! Now i just have to find the one with the white windows/yellow body. Unfortunately i don't know the number of this set, but i'm actually looking specifically for this color combination.

Ah I see. I think Budapest trams have a very nice livery. Also interesting is that the some TW6000 were previously used in The Hague in the Netherlands which I actually used there. :)