special exhibition at the Osaka Modern Transportation Museum

miyakoji

As discussed here http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/7717-osaka-modern-transportation-museum-to-close-april-6-2014 , the Osaka Modern Transportation Museum will close April 6, 2014, and its contents (some amount of it, anyway) will move to JR West's new museum at Umekoji, which is to open in 2016.  The video below is by YT uploader KENKENKAICHO, who has quite a lot of Kansai private railway material, particularly Kintetsu.

In this video, it appears that the museum is having a sort of special exhibit, "Shuzohin Collection: Bakuryoten."  I don't have a good translation of that, particularly the second word :grin, but I'm thinking that these items were maybe in storage, not part of the regular display, and the don't want them to get moldy (based on that second word).  The plates in English from New York and Pennsylvania ironworks might have come from the Amarube Viaduct, I think some of the technical drawings shown are of its structure.  It was rebuilt in concrete in the last few years, but the previous structure was around 100 years old.

I hope all of this will go to the new JR West museum, it looks like a very interesting group of items.