Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
miyakoji

NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

20 hours ago, MisterChief said:

Heading to Shikoku in summer.

In the past, some people have posted their itineraries for suggestions on how to achieve maximum rail mania :grin  I used to visit Ehime periodically, and pass through Kagawa on the way there.  I really like Shikoku.

21 hours ago, MisterChief said:

Hope the latest episode gets uploaded. Heading to Shikoku in summer.

This Youtube channel often posts them, or it can be found with some googleing after a few days of airing.  If I remember I'll try to check back and post a link when it actually gets posted
https://www.youtube.com/user/InuyashaKnight/videos

19 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Okay episode.  Wasn't much trains.

They actually went through all available rail transports in the area. There isn't much to see there as most interesting things have no guided tours and 2 out of the 5 lines have been built recently. Although the few interesting bits that are there, like those beautiful old buildings are great and imho can't be found anymore in more urban areas unless as part of a museum. Some of the area seem to be somewhat still in the early Showa period at least based on what i saw in the show. This is actually good, but i don't really expect a lot of tourists showing up there in the future.

ps: i watched it on the NHK site as it can be streamed with a device specific resolution without downloading first (as long as you don't miss it)

I watch using the VOD service also.  I need for this secret squirrel stuff going on when there are ways to watch it with ease.

22 hours ago, katoftw said:

I watch using the VOD service also.  I need for this secret squirrel stuff going on when there are ways to watch it with ease.

Just PM and ask why. :)

-jnsarnold

Posted (edited)

Has anybody got experience of getting files off a Humax box without using a USB grabber?

Kev

Edited by kevsmiththai
wrong thread

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/traincruise/2068007/

March 24 episode.  Touch the skies of Kanagawa.

Reporter JJ starts his journey through Kanagawa Pref. in the naval city of Yokosuka and heads to Kamakura. This ancient seat of political power is alive with samurai culture and history. From there he heads to Enoshima on the nostalgic Enoden line that lazily runs through the streets and along the Pacific coast. Then he takes to the skies for a thrilling ride on a suspended monorail. And for the climax, he rides a train into the mountains of Hakone in search of a stunning view of the heavens.

• Thanks 1

Completely missed this one!!Thanks!!

Got up this morning,made breakfast and then watched newly posted YouTube of Train Cruise.Pacific Coast of Shikoku.Really enjoyed it!

Would be really nice to have new Train Cruise rips available, but without the Youtube compression.