NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

the_weird_one

These latest 2 shows came curtsy of LeeC22, he's the one with the satellite receiver that can record for computer use, all I've done is convert and stuck them in my Google Drive as I don't use it for anything else.

I did have the web rip of episode 1 but deleted it by accident from my Google Drive thinking I was uploading the same two episodes that I'd already shared.

Unfortunatly episode 2 has yet to be repeated since its initial broadcast, though episode 1 did get repeated over the new year holiday period in Japan. I hope they repeat both this year so we can get good recordings of them.

• Like 1

I emailed NHK World the other day, to ask if they planned to repeat the first two episodes, but have had no reply. I record a lot of stuff on that channel, so I will keep my eye out for them. If anyone does spot news of them being shown though, feel free to contact me, and I will record them.

• Like 1

Hi E6, I was just wondering why your download was unsuccessful? Did you click to view the video and then click more actions in the bottom right hand corner and select download? Hope you can get it to work!

Hope everyone enjoys watch them.

:icon_thumleft:

Edited by dabsan

Hello Mr dabsan,

Precisely.

DL stop at 17%.  I choose "Resume" and get message "Unable to resume"

... I shall try again right now.

Hello Mr E6, some friends tested it out for me and it seems fine. Hope you will have success soon :)

Hello Mr dabsan,

I was able to download Journey to the Highland Spring tonight.

I will try the other one tomorrow.

Which one is Episode 1?

Hi Mr E6, Episode 1 is

A Century-Old Railway in Kyushu

Enjoy!! :icon_thumright:

I really enjoyed watching. Looking forward to see next episodes. There are still so many trains to show and so many beautiful places to present.

• Like 1

Thanks Dabsan for the headsup! Definitely looking forward to the downloadable video soon! I always enjoyed watching the episodes over and over again!

Come to think of it, I think I missed out on Episode 4 - A Fall trip from Kyoto to the Japan Sea. It featured the Sagano Sight-Seeing train! Can anyone kind enough with the video generously share please? Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks Dabsan for the headsup! Definitely looking forward to the downloadable video soon! I always enjoyed watching the episodes over and over again!

Come to think of it, I think I missed out on Episode 4 - A Fall trip from Kyoto to the Japan Sea. It featured the Sagano Sight-Seeing train! Can anyone kind enough with the video generously share please? Thanks!

the_weird_one has shared Episode 4 on page 3 of this thread.

Thanks for the heads up dabsan. I have set the Japanology programme to record a couple of times, and as soon as the Train Cruise shows up in the EPG, I'll set that to record too. :)

• Like 1

Ahah! I definitely missed that one somehow... Thanks Lee for the headsup! Cheers bud! And thanks the_wierd_one for the videos!

Do you by any chance have recorded the last episode of Japonology? I noticed it's about someone from the Netherlands who has been living in Japan for a long time now, so I want to share it with some people I know.

Do you by any chance have recorded the last episode of Japonology? I noticed it's about someone from the Netherlands who has been living in Japan for a long time now, so I want to share it with some people I know.

No, I haven't sorry. It's not a programme I record regularly.