On 5/27/2018 at 5:52 PM, katoftw said:

*new episode*

Saturday, June 210:10 - 10:5516:10 - 16:5522:10 - 22:55

Sunday, June 34:10 - 4:55

June 2, 2018

Izu: From Rugged Coastline to Inland Warmth

Watch Live in

5days 16hours 18min

Izu Peninsula is a famous hot springs area located about 1 hour by Shinkansen bullet train southwest of Tokyo. On this Train Cruise, we ride on 2 railways that travel the peninsula. On the eastern shore's Izu Kyuko Railway, we visit an attractive and mysterious area designated as a Geopark by UNESCO. On the Sunzu Line of the Izu Hakone Tetsudo, we are delighted by the train's popular animation character decorations and visit a retro unmanned station and historical temple. This is an opportunity to enjoy hot springs and taste the other attractions of Izu.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20180602/2068009/

vod https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/traincruise/2068009/

Gordon Werner

Search YouTube for NHK Train Cruise. Also all episodes of Japan Rail Journal are on YouTube as well

Edited by Gordon Werner

not sure if these are all old episodes...

June 9, 2018 - ep12 rerun
A Taste of Japanese Culture along the Oigawa River
The Oi River (Oigawa) flows through the center of Shizuoka Prefecture starting from the Southern Alps. The Oigawa Railways run a distance of 65km along the river. They feature a nostalgic steam loco...

July 7, 2018
Building the Future on the Miyagi Coast

This time, we travel the Miyagi coastline across northeast Japan, an area that was devastated by the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake. We travel in trains with unique designs and experience a new method...

July 14, 2018 - ep24 rerun
Touch the Skies of Kanagawa
Reporter JJ starts his journey through Kanagawa Pref. in the naval city of Yokosuka and heads to Kamakura. This ancient seat of political power is alive with samurai culture and history.

July 21, 2018 - ep25 rerun
The Living Museum of Chiba
Discover modern railways and colorful local lines in Chiba Prefecture, just a stone's throw from Tokyo. We start on "Japan's doorstep", at Narita Airport, riding the Shibayama Line into Chiba City an...

Edited by denshafan
wrong info
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to keep an eye out for that Kanagawa episode.  I often watch videos on TV Kanagawa's youtube channel, looks pretty nice.

Also I'm glad to see this thread still going four and half years later.  If only I could go back and talk to younger miyakoji, so many things to warn him of... 😁

*NEW EPISODE*

The Southern Rays and Breezes of Miyazaki

September 1, 2018

10:10 - 10:55 16:10 - 16:55 22:10 - 22:55 4:10 - 4:55

Watch Live in

4days15hours29min

Miyazaki, located in southeastern Kyushu, is a sun-drenched prefecture facing the Pacific Ocean. In this episode, we travel 170 kilometers from north to south along its coastline, hopping on different trains named "Sunshine" or "Nichirin", which means the "sun" in Japanese. On our way, we have a spectacular view of the "Devil's Washboard", the huge wave-like rock formations on the seashore, savor sweet, delicious mangoes, and come across designer handbags and lampshades made of Japanese cedar. We enjoy the blessings from the sun and the sea in Miyazaki.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20180901/2068011/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 9/5/2018 at 2:17 AM, katoftw said:

Noebeoka to Miyazaki in 5 minutes.  Quicker than Shinkansen. 😎

I just watched the episode and something seemed strange about the end of the line at Shibushi station, so i looked around a bit:

https://ameblo.jp/aru-king/entry-12179364923.html

http://www.geocities.co.jp/vzm05304/deadend/shibushi/shibushi-gaiyou.htm

I guess the next time someone films there, the trip will end at Miyazaki, at around 6 minutes 30 seconds into the show...

ps: i was able to find all the locations shown on google maps and the views are really beautiful...

Yes the line goes for miles past the statuon. You can still see the corridor in google maps. Fairly familiar with the area.

And also surprized the train in the old park didñ't get a mention at the end. You know, considering 'train' cruise and all.

new episode

Beyond the Brilliant Roof of Hokkaido

December 1, 2018

10:10 - 10:5516:10 - 16:5522:10 - 22:554:10 - 4:55

Watch Live in

3days1hours29min

Our journey takes place in Hokkaido Prefecture, the northern part of Japan. From Asahikawa Station surrounded by mountains, we head to Shiretoko-Shari Station, located on the Sea of Okhotsk and the gateway to the world famous Shiretoko Peninsula. The trains we ride pass through beautifully lit mountains covered with autumn leaves turning deep red and gold. On our way, we taste the unique local food, made with freshly harvested produce grown along the lines, and see people who have been waiting for coastal waters to become teeming with fish. We also discover a station that is in use for a limited time each year and a steam locomotive that has been preserved by local townspeople. Let's enjoy the vibrant autumn of Hokkaido!

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20181201/2068012/

• Like 2
On 11/28/2018 at 7:46 AM, katoftw said:

new episode

Beyond the Brilliant Roof of Hokkaido

December 1, 2018

10:10 - 10:5516:10 - 16:5522:10 - 22:554:10 - 4:55

Watch Live in

3days1hours29min

Our journey takes place in Hokkaido Prefecture, the northern part of Japan. From Asahikawa Station surrounded by mountains, we head to Shiretoko-Shari Station, located on the Sea of Okhotsk and the gateway to the world famous Shiretoko Peninsula. The trains we ride pass through beautifully lit mountains covered with autumn leaves turning deep red and gold. On our way, we taste the unique local food, made with freshly harvested produce grown along the lines, and see people who have been waiting for coastal waters to become teeming with fish. We also discover a station that is in use for a limited time each year and a steam locomotive that has been preserved by local townspeople. Let's enjoy the vibrant autumn of Hokkaido!

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20181201/2068012/

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on the new episodes.

On 10/9/2014 at 6:16 AM, LeeC22 said:

Just noticed, the actual title is "Japan's Historic Tramways", don't know if that makes any difference. I'll try and find a way to upload it somewhere. the_weird_one does the Train Cruise episodes, but I don't want to hassle him for every show I find. Will update when I find somewhere to upload it.

Okay, I think this might be right... maybe. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LFvItVrwd0dFJrSEZwNjBscTA/view?usp=sharing

They must do something with the video, because when I test the link, it says something about the video not being processed, but it will allow you to download it. Maybe you can watch it from there too when they've processed it?? The video is 1280x720 and is 633MB.

Just wondering if anyone perhaps has a working link for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They were all deleted I believe by the original docs owner.

I also think most of these made it to youtube also over the years.

I do have that specific file I downloaded in 2014.  So I could add it to my docs also.  But due to the lengthy process, hitting youtube would be easier.

If you get desperate for it, I can do it.  I just need a few days.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, katoftw said:

They were all deleted I believe by the original docs owner.

I also think most of these made it to youtube also over the years.

I do have that specific file I downloaded in 2014.  So I could add it to my docs also.  But due to the lengthy process, hitting youtube would be easier.

If you get desperate for it, I can do it.  I just need a few days.

I have it uploading now. 1h49m

Also got Train Cruise ep1-19, Railway Journal ep1-42

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

That's awesome! Thank you so much. I'm a big fan of Seasoning the Seasons, and the historical tramways episode is one of the last 6 I need for a complete set.

I tried twice this morning and failed. Google docs is finicky when it come to uploading. Netflix or youtube on the tv or computer going into screensaver/standby and the upload stops and fails to restart 80% of the time.