Imagine how a whole fleet of E5+E6 formations would look like in N gauge

Densha

they are nice! you can now have a 17 car shinkansen! fits in the same space as an all standard 16 car train.

Matthew just got the Tomix E5/E6 set (with the collector box e5) last week and we ran it on a small 3'x7' layout he has to piddle on, ran perfectly with the all wheel pickup! The kato runs great as well in the 17 car config. ran it for many hours at the last couple of shows on the jrm layout with no problems. will be fun at the next show to run a kato and tomix sets at the same time to compare. i think we have 3 dual sets in the club now!

jeff

I've got both E5/E6 sets by Tomix. My first impression is that tail red lights in E5 are almost invisible. Unlike Kato ones on the video above. Also connection between E5/E6 seems not too flexible. But powered couplers rulez! See flickering lights in Kato sets on this video.

there are going to be a few differences between the KATO and TOMIX E5+E6 sets, I haven't got a TOMIX E5+E6 so I can't say much about the benefits, but I do have the KATO E5+E6. The E5 does have some issues when running the full consist but the E6 runs so smoothly I question did KATO see the faults of the E5 and fixed it for the E6.

I might be thinking in getting the TOMIX E5+E6 cause of the powered couplers which is on the 500 series shinkansen that I have and I am very impressed. 

Over the Rainbow..... ~ Haha the song reminds me of my Para-Para days haha! And the days of Initial D ~~~

Nice video! Is that a shop? Thought i saw quick glimpses of the people behind the scenes... The E5 + E6 combi looks really neat! The E2 + E3 brings back memories... Almost nostalgic!

The power coupler on Tomix system rocks, but the Kato had the tilting mechanism which Tomix has yet to have. The E5 and E6 both had this tilting mechanism, and i guess they look really cool when they go round the corners. I've ordered my Kato E5 but has yet to arrive, but the reason i got the Kato was because of my E3 Komachi is Kato, and the Kato had the tilting mechanism that looked really cool... I was captivated by the Super Azusa and wished Tomix made tilting mechanism too, then it would be no contest. ~~  

We have a show in a month and will have the tomix and kato e5/6 sets head to head there. I've not noticed any performance issues with the kato e5/6 in running so far. Head lights are pretty constant and no stuttering in running, but still not all wheel pickup! I waited for tomix but ended up with such great deals on the kato I finally caved. If I would do it now I would go for the tomix as the all wheel pickup is so nice!

Maybe we can do a 4 set shot like this, I think we may have 3 kato and 1 tomix full e5/6 sets now in the club.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4