The Next Station Is...

Just sprung to my attention, is Tomix a sponsor for Rail Wars?

Good spotting and a good question. Anime normally have a 'sponsored by' slot but I didn't spot it on my streams. Another possibility is bias in the production team?

Wonder if the animators are train fans as well? Knowing the graphic artists and animators I know it it usually what can you grab from the shelf that looks good, unless there is a personal interest or a strong consultant that wants to have deep say in every little detail... Usually too much work and too little time! And once something is used its usually then reused...

Jeff

I finished up the series a couple weeks back. As a train fan, I'm glad there was one more train related series out there, but as an anime fan, found the entire series to be a wreck and wasn't surprised to see quite a few polls in Japan that had RW ass dead last, though one poll conducted had RW in 17th place, clobbering the hell out of Glasslip (a show I hated more than RW). Again as a train buff, I loved seeing a train series, but as an anime fan, the writing was slopping, dialog all over the place, characters were of-model, and frankly, the anime came off much more as a harem romcom, than the manga did (which I have read all of up to the last issue. Next one due out soon)

Good spotting and a good question. Anime normally have a 'sponsored by' slot but I didn't spot it on my streams. Another possibility is bias in the production team?

This series was aired late night and did not have a sponsor. Many late night anime series do not. They work under a similar model as paid advertising.

per wiki definition

"...Late night anime is targeted toward anime fans or a teenage to young adult audience. One of the purposes of the late night broadcast is to promote DVDs or associated merchandise that are planned for release in the future. Other than original stories, many anime are based on manga, novels, or video games. The genres that tend to be preferred by anime fans include romantic comedy, slice of life story, action, or sci-fi, but there are exceptions. Most series are broadcast for 3 months or 6 months with 12 to 13 episodes for each block of 3 months. With the exception of NTV programs, few titles have longer than these broadcast times.

In most cases, a production committee (a group of several related companies) buys a time slot from a TV station. This process is known as brokered programming, and is similar to how infomercials are broadcast. Therefore, unlike ordinary programs, production companies are sponsoring companies as well. This way, TV stations can fill the time slots with low viewership, while production companies can advertise their products (anime DVDs) at a lower cost. Since a production’s purpose is to promote the title to fans, low ratings or a lack of sponsors is of little concern. Consequently, the number of late night anime is increasing. The fact that they rely on the sales of DVDs means that these anime are virtually the same as OVAs, except that they get a chance to be promoted."

Someone I'm sure will correct me if I am wrong, but FFFsubs who was doing the fan subs had listed RW! air time as 25:00 in Osaka. The sub-circle who was subbing and doing the type setting work had stated in the forums he was using the 25:00 Osaka broadcast.

Many well known franchises, like Pokemon (Nintendo) and Transformers (Takara Tomy) started out as such paid for advertisments for physical products. If they get popular later, there might be reruns or new series where the tv stations either offer a free slot or even pay for the right to show them. The Railwars anime seem to belong to Bandai, but Takara Tomy might have some share somewhere or a cross licencing agreement.

HantuBlauLOL

Just finished this show..

What I really don't like from this show is oversized oppai, just like any other ecchi animes.

That kiha 381 is actually a kiha 81 with a (LS) chopper engine swap lol.

I just watched the first episode (Blu Ray version).  The ratio of trains to cute girls was surprisingly high; in less than half an hour, Dr. Yellow, an EF510-powered Hayabusa blue train, and two C62s appeared.  

Also, I have a sudden urge to order this...

post-2369-0-19579700-1437274291_thumb.jpeg

If you're watchmaking the BD version, then you're likely seeing the uncensored version that was not aired on TV.

Just finished this show..

What I really don't like from this show is oversized oppai, just like any other ecchi animes.

Agreed and the lack of a story arc further perpetuated my dislike for this series.

Edited by 写真家