One thing not mentioned in the blog is that the Hayabusa was a blue train in the first episode and not a Shinaksen as it is today.

The Next Station Is...

One thing not mentioned in the blog is that the Hayabusa was a blue train in the first episode and not a Shinaksen as it is today.

Good spot! Was that the train headed by the EF68 (EF510)?

Having a shinkansen relay still operating from Tokyo to Omiya along with normal shinkansens actually crossing the station probably means the traffic is much higher than what Tokyo station could handle so many trains going north have to start from Omiya and not to mention it's not a terminal station for the shinkansen either, because the dr yellow actually enters the shinkansen platforms from the south. With a single operating company, it would be trivial to provide direct shinkansen service between south and north Japan. In reality the double decker sleeper coach has also been built as an EMU instead of a blue train. I'm really interested in how will they tie in the new short lifespan post JNR emus.

ps: I still stand at my previous statement, that a double decker direct sleeper shinkansen between Osaka and Shin Hakodate would make sense financially, especially if the operator rebuilds the two multi frequency e4 sets for this service. Not to mention the Tokyo - Osaka route via Nagano, but that too has to be built first.

Good spot! Was that the train headed by the EF68 (EF510)?

I can't remember now. I've since watched the second episode and forgot a lot of the first one now.

I only watched the 1st episode so far but boy the animation was bad. The story wasn't really presented in a very good way either.

The English subtitles I watched it with were so bad as well, but at least I'm slowly getting to understand Japanese now so it's not that big a bother for me.

I saw they are creating yet again these strange hakotetsu thingies, but now with Rail Wars heads: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10279778

Still creepy as always.

Edited by Densha
The Next Station Is...

I think the show is more about the setting than the story. I can't say how the anime compares to the light novels or manga but I wouldn't be surprised if something was lost in the adaption process; it does unfortunately feel somewhat hollow and the 'soft ecchi' scenes just feel completely out of place. I've yet to watch the second episode but I'm not holding out for anything better than the first episode.

• Like 1

I keep expecting to see KTO, TOMIX, Tomytec and MicroAce at some point to interject a commercial like Bandai does with Gundam shows.

Davo Dentetsu

Out of that lot, I would put money that MicroAce would have a few of those fantasy trains replicated.

I don't pay attention to reviews and for a series like this, no matter how great the VA's and animation is/isn't, this series is not going to appeal to the masses, yet alone the western audience.

Ep.3 is up and it's a alternative universe where the E231 run on the Yamanote, but the E233's do not run on the Keihan-Tokahu line. This episode centers on a lesser known tetsudo side-hobby of railway audio recordings.

Just watched both episodes 1 and 2 and I kinda liked this series! The poor lead Takayama kun was looking forward to being a train engineer but was appointed at the security section instead.

Very nice looking graphics. Episode 1 featured some small bits of trains in the form of 201 Keihan-Tohoku, 117 series, and even the zero series Doctor Yellow!

Episode 2 was, well, no trains were featured actually...

The only thing I can complain is about the girls that are drawn... well.... over endowed. Scary.

I have just finished watching the first 2 episodes. Not the best anime what I have ever seen, but both were entertaining and I agree with JR500, the graphics is nice. Sometimes I missed the more detailful looking of the trains, but all-in-all I would say correct.

(And there are Hungarian subtitles for all of these episodes, thank you internet!)

The Next Station Is...

Just watched both episodes 1 and 2 and I kinda liked this series! The poor lead Takayama kun was looking forward to being a train engineer but was appointed at the security section instead.

Very nice looking graphics. Episode 1 featured some small bits of trains in the form of 201 Keihan-Tohoku, 117 series, and even the zero series Doctor Yellow!

The only thing I can complain is about the girls that are drawn... well.... over endowed. Scary.

Episode 3 is in my opinion better than episode 2 - there are at least more trains in it!

The large bosoms are a feature of Vania600's original artwork but it does feel cheap when they deliberately set up scenes for ogling...

The 201 Keihan-Tohoku gets more play in episode 3.

Yeah, huge knockers on anime chicks, like we haven't see that before. Anycase, it's well sorta cornerstone fan service for the otaku. I mean afterall, this is an otaku aimed series Rail Wars! wasn't expected to be the summer season break away series. Hell, I can't see I've even heard of the production studio before. Though I am a bit amazed 5pb picked up o nit for the game release.

The story is nice, and I do like it. But the super endowed chest on the girls really is way too much. I mean, look at the side view! It's super inhumanly possible!

Somewhere along the line of 'Evangelion' or 'Gundam' series I can accept, but this is way too 'awesome'... The only girl that was spared was perhaps the 'sound hobby' girl Sasho, but that's just because she's still a little girl. Besides, the rear wasn't spared too.

Perhaps regular sized girls will be much more appealing to the eyes?   :)

The story is nice, and I do like it. But the super endowed chest on the girls really is way too much. I mean, look at the side view! It's super inhumanly possible!

Somewhere along the line of 'Evangelion' or 'Gundam' series I can accept, but this is way too 'awesome'... The only girl that was spared was perhaps the 'sound hobby' girl Sasho, but that's just because she's still a little girl. Besides, the rear wasn't spared too.

Perhaps regular sized girls will be much more appealing to the eyes?   :)

Ah that's right, you're in Singapore, I forgot. So I suppose those would be huge to ya guys, probably big enough to get a series ban ^_^ (My ex of 7 years, still one of my best friends is from Singapore, and I was always getting yelled at for Jaywalking, or displaying working press credentials by her and the cops)

Joking aside, I've seen way too many anime series where the boobies were MUCH larger than on Rail Wars! I'm talinking boobs larger than their heads. That bothers me, but I don't think RW's are that large. :glasses13:

Edited by Shashinka

Ah that's right, you're in Singapore, I forgot. So I suppose those would be huge to ya guys, probably big enough to get a series ban ^_^ (My ex of 7 years, still one of my best friends is from Singapore, and I was always getting yelled at for Jaywalking, or displaying working press credentials by her and the cops)

Joking aside, I've seen way too many anime series where the boobies were MUCH larger than on Rail Wars! I'm talinking boobs larger than their heads. That bothers me, but I don't think RW's are that large. :glasses13:

AAhhh... Interesting! Didn't know you had that history ~  :)

By far the endowment of these girls are way overboard. I do see other anime (hentai) before but this is way too much for a 'normal' anime. Any idea what is the age rating of this?

By the way, it does contain some very nice information. Due to my limited knowledge, I didn't know that EF actually refers to E-'Electric' and F-the sixth alphabet so it means it has 6 axles. Interesting!  

It actually seems that the anime is set somewhat a little more history, or is it totally fictionous? I actually see the E231-500 run alongside the 201 series Keihan-Tohoku. There were 117 series too, and the 'Tsurumi' line is using the Cannery yellow 201 series.

All I have been able to see are the still shots but I think they have done a good job of showing Japan's railways as if JNR had survived to the present day.  I think on a cash starved and conservative JNR of today we would see more older rolling stock running alongside more modern trains.  The older style of railway management wouldn't go in for the use it for three years then replace it that seems to be the go these days.  The EF68 passenger loco would have been perfectly conceivable if the old JNR had not been split up into several companies with their own designs and policies.

And I agree, it would be an interesting concept to model.

• Like 1
Davo Dentetsu

Oh believe me, I've already got some headboards on the way for it.  Trying to see where (or when) the JRF version of the EF510-500 is, because I'd rather make something of that... blasphemy than ruin a perfectly good Hokutosei star vehicle.  ;)

Wonder how to go about getting the number valances done.  Easier to scratch make than retro fit from an EF66 probably.

PS  I would also find it criminal if no one had a shot at the Black Star loco as well.  Now THAT would be a sight to see!

Oh believe me, I've already got some headboards on the way for it.  Trying to see where (or when) the JRF version of the EF510-500 is, because I'd rather make something of that... blasphemy than ruin a perfectly good Hokutosei star vehicle.   ;)

Wonder how to go about getting the number valances done.  Easier to scratch make than retro fit from an EF66 probably.

PS  I would also find it criminal if no one had a shot at the Black Star loco as well.  Now THAT would be a sight to see!

To answer your question, both Kato (http://www.katomodels.com/n/ef510/) and Tomix (http://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/n/9156.htm) announced them for release. Kato's in August and Tomix's in September.