Microace HO Kiha 40 series 700s Hokkaido new standard color

bill937ca

They looks great, is it possible to have more information about avilability, item numbers and prices?

Are they with a DCC socket?

See you..

Nicolas

This item is out of production, the video is to promote an auction of same product.  If it was in orange, I would be tempted to bid on it.

• Like 1
This item is out of production, the video is to promote an auction of same product.  If it was in orange, I would be tempted to bid on it.

bb, so would I. I've seen a rather nice brass KiHa40-1000 on Yahoo Japan in orange, but I'd rather have another MA model to match the one I already have. Which incidentally is dismantled and ready to repaint.

All the best for the New Year,

Mark.

Are they with a DCC socket?

G'day Nicolas,

No, they don't have a DCC socket. And based on dismantling the one I have, I think fitting a decoder might be a challenge. I'll try to post some photos so you can see what I mean.

Mark.

On 12/30/2013 at 11:57 PM, marknewton said:

G'day Nicolas,

No, they don't have a DCC socket. And based on dismantling the one I have, I think fitting a decoder might be a challenge. I'll try to post some photos so you can see what I mean.

Mark.

Holy old thread batman... Yep its one of those...

Do you still have this model Mark? I recently went on one of these Kiha40's for the first time in Sapporo, and love them. I ended up with a Tomix 3 car set, and an additional powered car that I got new from tomix world.... However, I could see myself with a HO model...

• Like 1

Yes, I've got two of them. One is currently dismantled for repairs and DCC conversion, so here is the other:

large.IMG_2017.JPG.aa95e6a2443b532034ad6

large.IMG_2016.JPG.736acd0c2cb1adc2f3801

If you can find one for a realistic price it will be worth having. They have good details and finish, interior lighting and run sweetly.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 6