JR 500系

What model would you most like to see re-released?

cteno4
2 hours ago, katoftw said:

Both kato and tomix eva500s will never be released again.

What makes you say that?

jeff

katoftw
Posted (edited)

A hunch from previous experience from watching short term limited releases before.

I would rule out with certainty that Kato would never do it again. Wasnt the prettiest release both actual model and marketing wise. No HK version for similar reasons?

Tomix though do have a much better track record of revisiting these types of limited releases.

But many factors go against a new release. There has to be a big want for said train to do a re-run. Probably isnt a huge want to warrent only 18 months out. And secondly, other 500s like the HK version are prioritized first.

But to be honest. I'm pretty sure Jeff you'd know all this from experience. You've been in the game a lot longer than I have.

Edited by katoftw

cteno4

It’s always been a bit of a crapshoot at times what gets rerun. Kato did the emperor car as an ultra exclusive release only to release it with the full emblem in the set not long after, so I just don’t trust limited edition talk. It did sell out and I think the biggest question mark with it was the crossover anime collector market. Seems like one that may hold popular attention in the future for a rerun. The paint did tax Kato, but they may now have that better under their belt.

i only asked as you said it with such certainty it would never be rereleased, I though you may have seen something that was a real deal killer like relicensing or something.

jeff

katoftw

Yeah I probably could've typed it less matter-of-factly.