What model would you most like to see re-released?

JR 500系

Krackel Hopper

I've got two that I'd really like to see.. both MicroAce

A1480 - Lavender Train DE15-2516

post-180-0-52440000-1388983326_thumb.jpg

A1483 - Ice Drift Train DE10-1660

post-180-0-25794900-1388983416_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry for bumping this, but it has questioned me for a long time...

Being just like his major JR East commuter cousins and brothers, why was Musashino line given so little attention? We have gotten almost all other major lines, like Yamanote, Keiyo, Keihin-Tohoku, Sobu etc. but we haven't gotten a new or re-release model of the Musashino line for a long time... The last model of the Musashino line was back in June 2011, with Kato and Tomix both releasing in the same month in the same time. I thought it was one of the major lines but was given very little attention... Till now even they are using the older 209-500 series or the even older 205 series which the smaller lines like the Tsurumi line or the Sagami line are using...

I like the stripes of the line... and hope to see a re-release of the 209-500 for the Musashino line soon....

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 2

Definitely a vote for the Micro Ace sky liner A7370 set - although I'd hate to think what an 8 car set is worth now...

Would be happy if one of the other 2 manufacturers picked it up.

They go for around ¥20000 on yahoo when I've been watching them.

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf

Keihan 80 Series with air conditioner, they would have probably still been available when I was over there last time.

• Like 1

Definitely a vote for the Micro Ace sky liner A7370 set - although I'd hate to think what an 8 car set is worth now...

Would be happy if one of the other 2 manufacturers picked it up.

They go for around ¥20000 on yahoo when I've been watching them.

+50% = 30,000 yen. YIKES!

For those hoping for a re-release of the Keikyu 800 type from Kato, there is some rumours, spread by Mr. Kato himself that he has personal interest in releasing a reworked version of it. Keikyu will be repainting one formation in its original livery, so that nicely coincides. ;)

P.s. personally, I'd love to see a re-release of the Sotetsu 8000 or even 10000 Series by MicroAce, but very little hope for that, as Sotetsu isn't the most popular of lines.

Edited by Kabutoni

It would be really cool if Tomytec would re-release Railway Collection volumes such as volume 1, 2, 8 and 12. These have a bunch of 12-16m rolling stock that would make for a great (fictional) Showa interurban fleet. This is probably as unlikely as Shinkansen running on Antarctica though.

Other than that, I am also praying to the Tomytec gods to re-release the Keihan 80 series with air conditioning.

• Like 4

I know, but there's some specific liveries I want that are not included in the re-release. Repainting them myself might also be an option though.

as a shinkansen collector (for now) later a on a little layout

to me 2... both are Micro Ace

A1150

A1150_p.jpg

A1155

A1155_p.jpg

im try to find those but right now very very expensive :sad1:

yeah ever since the decommissions and withdrawals started the price has been shooting up  

Martijn Meerts

This, in any color (though I do like the blue):

attachicon.gifMA-A8575_01_lg.jpg

That one was expensive when it was released way back. With MicroAce's increased prices, a re-release is going to be REALLY expensive :D

That one was expensive when it was released way back. With MicroAce's increased prices, a re-release is going to be REALLY expensive :D

As long as it's not $350 like Newhall Station is charging...

Martijn Meerts

For Newhall standards, 350 is indeed decent ;)

Of course, whether they have them in store or not isn't a certainty either. I once tried ordering a limited edition set there (which was fairly priced, incredible enough), and it said it was in stock. When I tried to finalise the order, all of a sudden it wasn't in stock. When I then checked the item's page again, it still said it was in stock...

My Hobby Search wish list includes a few long time wishes:

Series E257 `Azusa / Kaiji` (Basic 7-Car Set)     http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10028160

J.R. Commuter Train Series 209-0 (Keihin-Tohoku Line) (Basic 3-Car Set)   http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10056263

Gakunan Railway Series 5000 (Green Frog) 2-Car Set   http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10023957

I have the Gakunan Green Frog but it doesn't run and eventually it will be re-powered with a Tomytec drive. Just wish I had one that runs.  In the meantime I have 39 trains to play with and thats not counting Tomytec or B-Train consists.

Series E257 `Azusa / Kaiji` (Basic 7-Car Set) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10028160

J.R. Commuter Train Series 209-0 (Keihin-Tohoku Line) (Basic 3-Car Set) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10056263

Gakunan Railway Series 5000 (Green Frog) 2-Car Set http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10023957

The thing with those three is that they are quite easy to obtain on the 2nd hand market in Japan. They might not be in the basic formations, as 2nd hand shops tend to sell full formations instead of separate sets, but you can still see them practically everywhere...

I'd love to get a pair of kiha 81s.  I have the kato kiha 82 set, but I really like the JNR early bonnets.  I've seen a few come up for sale on buyee, anyone have good/bad experiences with buying from them?

Buyee is another portal for buying from Yahoo Auctions... they are more clear in their process, and fees are very transparent. I have used them twice and is happy with their service, though their service fees seems to have increased a fair bit. When I used them they were having free service fee which really makes it more worthy..

• Like 1