30 minutes + spare table =

ChrisV

Here is what 30 minutes, a spare table in living room and some much wanted train gear needing some air produces.

Its not exhibition quality but it does the immediate job. ;)

At the moment it does not run - see my other thread regarding powering viaduct lines.

There is a third line below the viaduct lines that follows the same route but again there is no power either.

The buildings are some I bought second hand a few years ago at a sale. There is a shinkansen station yet to be installed in the background.

DR Yellow is checking the lines before the first service is due to run..... ;D

I do plan to go further than the predictable loop but with space an issue at the moment those plans are proceeding very slowly!

post-130-13569922676381_thumb.jpg

post-130-13569922676846_thumb.jpg

post-130-13569922677586_thumb.jpg

post-130-13569922677998_thumb.jpg

My first reaction was great you're running trains but then I forgot about the power supply issue.

I know you have a huge roster but I didn't know you also have a nice supply of buildings. I see you also have the overhead viaduct station kit, does it come with the platforms or do you buy them separately?

My first reaction was great you're running trains but then I forgot about the power supply issue.

I know you have a huge roster but I didn't know you also have a nice supply of buildings. I see you also have the overhead viaduct station kit, does it come with the platforms or do you buy them separately?

There were no platform sections included unfortunately.

The buildings are quite nice.

The big roster will get a work out but I'm hoping for something a bit bigger so I can give them all a go.

SubwayHypes

Nice, now get that power up and running and you can have some trains whizzing around in no time.

Welshbloke

There was a guide on the M G Sharp website (www.mgsharp.com) about the elevated station kit, specifically what Unitrack you need to build various formations up there. While you can just have a pair of through lines it's also possible to have passing loops and similar.

I've always liked the twin track elevated sets, only snag is that I can't really justify them as I barely have space to store my existing collection. I may have to have a go at making a storage case for buildings, as the platform sections particularly won't fit back in the original boxes after you add the detailing parts.

Good news-  this layout is now officially out of action and the new one will be rolled out soon.!!! Horay!