1:150 Construction Vehicles

CaptOblivious

Tenorikuma

No these appear to be platz and not the maruka set 2! more construction options!

Cool, I've been thinking about setting up some kind of construction site diorama.

Here's a quirky thing Japanese companies like doing. See the 全6種+? bit? That means "6 types (of vehicles) plus a bonus vehicle"... so you get 7 in total but they want to keep the seventh a secret until you buy the set.

yep thats the collector thing to get you to buy a full box full to make sure to get the mystery vehicle! This may be like the maruka though where you may get duplicates and not one of each though... at least tomytec you get one of each for sure unless you get the mystery one, but then you hit the jackpot!

cheers,

jeff

just got word from hobbysearch today they are in and shipping!

should have them next week! just in time to use on the gundam construction scene!

jeff

alpineaustralia

I reserved some time ago. Mine will be on its way once the remainder of my order is filled.

Mine just showed up! not bad, shipped late in the day on the 27th and showed up the morning of the 30th!

well im a tad disappointed as the crane is not functional, it actually comes in two different versions, one down and one fully extended. its ok, but was hoping that it was telescoping!

detail is about the same as the maruka models, maybe a bit more detail. the shovel unit comes with two sets of hydraulic cylinders, one extended for digging and one all the way down for transport. They left off the single hydraulic cylinder at the main elbow. should not be too hard to make one out of styrene.

all and all nice static models. i ended up with 2 transports, 2 shovels, 2 stowed cranes and 2 extended cranes. be interesting to see if thats the standard distribution of these, they came with the warning you may not get all the vehicles. they ended up about $8.50 each shipped ems, not bad. hope platz decides to do more, they are in the same f-toys series that they do a lot of 1/144 airplanes in.

ill post some picts soon.

cheers

jeff

hey good luck getting the secret one! there is a ? on the box so i assumed they were doing that. do they do surprise ones with their 144 airplane sets?

its also odd as the box does show a unique model number, but the cranes lowered and extended have the same model number.

also the gum is actually tasty in these! some of these toys that have the gum in them (to say its just a toy included with the candy for tax purposes) is absolutely tasteless!

cheers

jeff