my small meitetsu collection

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

i am not a huge meitetsu fan though i do like it.  my collection is mostly tokyo.  still, i have a small meitetsu collection that will soon expand by the addition of a microace 5500 4-car red (scarlet) set.  i bought this before i remembered that i have the two 3700-series tomytec sets which are similar.  still, it's good to have a built set from microace.

my collection is vaguely 1980s and that's where it will stay. i dont have any interest in meitetsu's increasingly silver, increasingly personality-less lineup.

as you see, my tomix 7000 is from that series where they put the old (high) motor in the new-style case.  i believe they may have re-issued it one more time with a shorter motor.

the 3400 is a really classic train.  while also available in meitetsu red, the green is more retro.

probably the only other thing i might get from meitetsu is a modemo モ880形 streetcar, and even then i'm not so excited by the prospect.  i will not get a panorama car as i think it's ugly!  oh yes, i also like the 'grey door' 3500 series, but not enough to pay the high price greenmax is asking for them.

i also have a number of meitetsu buses, i think.   i will photograph some of my bus collection later.

you will notice that none of my meitetsu collection is longer than 4-cars.  since this is a minor part of my colletion, this is how it will almost certainly stay.

thank you for looking at my collection and sorry about the bad photo, taken with my ipad.

post-1532-0-59864500-1384330004_thumb.png

• Like 1