Another french guy

zibbu

Hi everybody,

i'm a new french member of JNS.

I'm Mathieu (Matthew), I live in Lyon (France).

I have essentially a french collection of HO trains but I'm a real densha otaku and i'm starting N gauge with japanese models.

I'm photographing trains and i'm working for a telecom company where i'm a network supervisor.

Right now, i just have some basic sets of JR Joban (4) / Keihin-Tohoku (3) / Chuo Rapid (3) / Chuo-Sobu (3) / Shonan-Shinjuku (4) Lines because i loves this EMUs trains.

I don't want to have all the entirely composition (10-15 cars) because the layout will be small in first time.

Also, i have planned to buy :

- JR Yamanote Penguin Edition

- JR LTD EXP Super Azusa (if i find it with respectable price),

- JR LTD EXP N'EX, TOBU Spacia (which color ? all :) ),

- JR LTD EXP Sunrise Express

- and maybe more.

I hope that this forum can help me to discover many things and share some informations.

If you like cartography, you can see my personnal work about japan's trains : here

I have drawn 85% of japanese's lines and i create line's map like this (this one isn't finish) :

Hakone-Tozan-Line-1024x408.jpg

Thank you to host me on JNS Forum.

• Like 1

Welcome Zibbu!

great to see your interest in japanese rail and modeling! I think you will find a lot of information in the forums and great place to ask questions. 

Look forward to seeing more of your maps as well! very nice and clean. that can be hard to get as usually there can be so much other info on maps when you are primarily interested in the trains! love your use of google maps. is there a reason the zoom in/out controller buttons are not on the site? the scroll wheel zoom is a bit funky at times

again welcome and look forward to your posts!

cheers

jeff

is there a reason the zoom in/out controller buttons are not on the site? the scroll wheel zoom is a bit funky at times

Thanks for your return  :) You can find the zoom tool at the bottom right of the map.

For information, some group map (example: JR West) doesn't visible on map and generator an error from Google because, sometimes, the answer delay between Gmap's server and mine is too long.

What software do you use to render it?

Thanks.

I only use Gmaps API + Photoshop for rending and Google Earth to kml's creation

zibbu,

now its showing up! are you going to move into being able to get the name of a line when you click on it on the map? 

again great work!

cheers

jeff

now its showing up! are you going to move into being able to get the name of a line when you click on it on the map? 

Right know, if you check the line box in menu and click on the line, you can see a window (with wiki information for now but i will complete this later)

I think that you talkin' about a function which show lines on map when you click on a region, isn't it ? If you think about that, i don't know if i can do that with gmaps API but it's a good idea.

zibbu,

ok now i see i didnt realize you could start to turn on a bunch of lines and then click on ones to get more info from the map! great! and then the link to the wiki as well and picts! kudos to you!

cheers

jeff

Hi,

I didn't think it was possible to have two new members from France the same week...

Welcome and as you already have HO scale, try to not buy HO japanese beacause you win't be able to stop buying them after...

See you!

Salut,

Je ne pensai pas qu'il soit possible d'avoir deux nouveau membre de France la même semaine...

Bienvenue et comme tu as déjà du HO, essaie de ne pas acheter du HO japonais car sinon tu ne pourras pas arrêter...

A bientôt.

Nicolas

Hi, I didn't think it was possible to have two new members from France the same week... Welcome and as you already have HO scale, try to not buy HO japanese beacause you win't be able to stop buying them after... See you!

i don't plan this because i prefer keep HO scale for french trains and N scale for japanese trains. Thank to host me :-)