Tramway - New Releases

Fenway Park

Fenway Park

Latest info suggests September with 3 Standard and one Hokkaido variants. No pricing but more info to come.

hello these are now available for preorder base price without tax is 14800 yen.

JNR C11 Hokkaido type 150W front light type

JNR C11 standard type

JNR C11 standard type front light 150W

minimum recommended curves are R280

They claim the test model can do 21 freight wagons on a flat surface. 8 x 20m passenger cars.

Front coupler can be replaced with an Arnold/rapido only coupler for tandem use.

to be released september

the body is made up of a die cast boiler and other parts plastic.

rear 4 wheels have pickups (unlike MA model) they don`t specify front do but i would assume so.

No dcc mentioned but in the diagram it looks as though it should be fairly easy to convert

If you want please message me and i can order. Otherwise they will be on my site tonight.

post-445-0-14103000-1399523743_thumb.jpg

westfalen

The Micro Ace C11 has pickup on the rear four wheel truck, I'm looking at an A-7308 C11 304 as I type this.

The Micro Ace C11 has pickup on the rear four wheel truck, I'm looking at an A-7308 C11 304 as I type this.

ok mine didn`t i had to mod it myself,

copied what they did with their c56 models i have some thin wires and a cut piece of brass. did it good as it runs much better.

yours is newer than mine.

Anyway i`m looking forward to this model. :)

hmm no idea at this stage there is only prototypes with un finished molding and unpainted plastic.

they did a good job on the ho c12`s though.

westfalen

hmm no idea at this stage there is only prototypes with un finished molding and unpainted plastic.

they did a good job on the ho c12`s though.

I know I have a C12.  I'm more concerned about how close they are to scale than the detail, the Micro Ace C11 is not as much out of proportion as the Kato version so the difference might not be too obvious.  The Kato C11s look good on their own but when you put a Micro Ace one beside a Kato one the difference is quite noticeable, I'm just hoping the same doesn't happen when you put a Tramway beside a Micro Ace.

If they are good enough though the Micro Aces can join their Kato predecessors in the back of the train drawer.

Hi West,

I emailed Tramway if they can advise on measurements. Never asked before so i don`t know if they will tell me.

According to www.5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~toyoyasu/index.htm, Tramway have been affected by Chinese production problems and the C11 is delayed but there is no expected date as yet.

Gives me more time to save up and save my credit card!!!!!

And some of those HO scale announcements look very tempting. Apparently Tenshodo are going to produce more D51s and a D61 next year, as well as an EF10. So there's two more locos I'd like to add to my fleet!

Cheers,

Mark.

they have quite a few ho things coming up

JNR EF70 (1-lamp type)
JNR ki 100- ki 550 kit
JNR ED11 + ED14
Toden 7000, 7500, 8000

all are in preparation and no final date or licenses yet but looking likely.

I`ll keep an eye out for them when announced to list.

The c11 are still delayed when i asked early last month they wer hopeful for a late oct early nov but now it looks latter than that.

At least we know it is finished now just waiting delivery to japan or some other logistical issues i guess.

The 8620 in HO looks superb. Now if Tramway could make this in N. 

It will be interesting to see if they produce more N gauge in 2015 but I suppose it depends on how well the C11 sells. 

• Like 1

The 8620 in HO looks superb. Now if Tramway could make this in N. 

It will be interesting to see if they produce more N gauge in 2015 but I suppose it depends on how well the C11 sells. 

From what i hear it went well. for reservations.

I guess it also depends on how quality it is in the end. if it looks good but runs terrible japanese customers will make a fuss likely.

But there ho is good from what i have seen personally so i guess this should be good too, though i don`t expect kato level running, well maybe MicroAce equivalent.

I have 1 on order for myself so i will upload videos on day 1 release.

HO is really picking up lately huh mark. almost makes me want to sell my N fleet and start again hahah

Dave, that way madness lies! :)

Anyway, would you have enough room for HO?

All the best,

Mark.

The 8620 in HO looks superb.

If the 8620s are made to the same standard as their C12s they'll be very good indeed.

Cheers,

Mark.

All the best,

Mark.

Mark love the avatar image.

No room for a layout then again i have not been able to negotiate space for an N so i guess it would not matter either way. Just for Display.

Anyway working hard for a bigger place so when that day comes! wife beware!

• Like 1

All the best,

Mark.

It's my case...although I have few pieces of HO I defaulted back to N scale. Funny enough, this a recurrent phenomenon, because no matter what prototype I model N scale tends to become the default scale for my activities. The exception is my HOn30 stuff, but most of it is so small that it could be called "honorary N scale"...

Cheers NB

• Like 1

C@#p...Hobby Search has just sent me an email telling me that the C11 has been delayed again, with no fixed release date...

Cheers NB

Fenway Park

The C11s are available to reserve on Hobby Search and no doubt will be available to Pre Order with Loco 1  and Model Train Plus very soon. 

As expected the price has increased but that's in line with all Chinese made items. The three are the same as they originally intended to produce: Hokkaido version, one with tank support brackets C11 with sealed beam and a standard version with 150w headlamp. 14800 yen. 

The loco is capable of hauling 9 20m coaches, it is claimed.

It will be interesting to see the response from Kato. 

Malcolm