Tramway - New Releases

Fenway Park

On one of my favourite websites www.5a.biglobe.ne.jp/toyoyasu/index.htm translated by Google suggested Tramway will issue 6 versions of the C11 in 1/150 N Gauge in 2014. Can anyone confirm this is true? 

Surely Kato will respond? If not next year could be expensive? 

Malcolm

well I havn`t received any new on this from their wholesaler channel. so if it is must be pretty early days.

I would have figured they would do the c12 if anything in n since they already have the HO plans, quite a great model it was in HO.

Hi,

Once this is in the public domain and confirmed you will have a order from me, definitely.

The current Kato model forms part of their heritage but is to 1/135 scale but has been updated over the years. I am surprised Kato have not updated their current model but having issued new 1/150 C62 and D51 and then reissued 1/140 C58s and C11s as above I am confused.

Malcolm

I notice the loco's number plates in your photo are painted red, in mine they are black.

Mine was taken in February the 23rd. This picture was taken in August the 10th, so somewhere in between they changed/painted the plates.

post-188-0-25487400-1383721324_thumb.jpg

It also seems we have quite similar pictures:

post-188-0-18189400-1383721783_thumb.jpg

Ah Mooka Railway... I'm so lucky you run from the hometown of my wife.

The C12 is the tank version of the C56. Kato have produced both 1/80 and 1/150 versions and they are smaller when placed along Kato's recent D51 C62 which are to 1/150.

Will be interesting to see if Kato offer a C12. There is a N scale brass conversion kit available in Japan to make a C12 from their C56.

A new C12 would be most welcome.

Malcolm

Kato are on a pause atm for steamers.

I think there will be great things late next year coming from them though.

I have heard the word DCC and steamer several times from wholesalers.

The c56 and d51 were there first attempts at making a smaller but smooth running chasis. same as they did with electric and diesels and now they are having dcc for their newer releases.

Martijn Meerts

Well, the Kato GS4 is DCC friendly, I guess that could be considering their first DCC steamer. Of course, that one is so big, there's plenty space for a decoder :)

Mine was taken in February the 23rd. This picture was taken in August the 10th, so somewhere in between they changed/painted the plates.

attachicon.gif2013-08-10 10.37.56.jpg

It also seems we have quite similar pictures:

attachicon.gifCC45BC83-B989-456C-AE3F-CFAAA8739860.JPG

Ah Mooka Railway... I'm so lucky you run from the hometown of my wife.

My photos were taken on December 12th last year so they appear to have been black, then painted red then back to black.  To confuse modellers? :icon_scratch:

Edited by westfalen
Fenway Park

There is an update that the C11 has been added to the Tramway website. Cannot access this as on vacation in USA so any further information would be welcome.

The update came from www.5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~toyasu/

yes this is now confirmed release July - sep. pricing not set. i will ask my supplier if he knows pricing.

there will be a standard spec

Kyushu spec and an Hokkaido spec.

Do not have lamps on these locos.

no mention of dcc decoder space, but i guess thats expected for a loco of this size

yes this is now confirmed release July - sep. pricing not set. i will ask my supplier if he knows pricing.

there will be a standard spec

Kyushu spec and an Hokkaido spec.

Do not have lamps on these locos.

no mention of dcc decoder space, but i guess thats expected for a loco of this size

I don't know about that, I've got a Dapol 0-6-0T Pannier Tank with a six pin DCC socket. And no lamps?

Edited by westfalen

I don't know about that, I've got a Dapol 0-6-0T Pannier Tank with a six pin DCC socket. And no lamps?

i got the same loco all variants.

still this is a little company and they spec it usually. no mention nor shown in the sketched pics.

we will see though

i just called and there is no price yet.

I assume the drawing on the NGI site is from Tramway, I don't know why they don't have anything as detailed on their own site but if they do as good a job as they did with the HO C12 I'll be happy.

The NEM coupler pockets and possible six pin decoder socket (I hope) make me wonder if they are being made for Tramway by Bachmann, aka Graham Farish, because both features are not exactly things we expect from Japanese companies and some of the details and construction of the HO C12, not to mention the pure unadulterated Bachmann plastic box insert the loco sits in, suggest Bachmann to me as well.

yeah and they even used te same term for the small motor as bachmann/farish.

west you should ask mark i sold him some of the HO`s a while back it had a manufacturer written on the box in english don`T recall it being bachmann but i`m willing to make the assumption they will make these for tramway and probably make for bachmann too.

Anyway they advised pricing will be release early next month when they have a firm release date.

I`ll post it here once i hear something.