Anybody have MicroAce Hibiya Line 3000-series?

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

Does anybody have a MicroAce 3000-series Hibiya line set and care to comment on it?

All else being equal, I wouldn't mind having this in my collection even though it is at the margins of my collection, but I am a bit skeptical that MicroAce has done a good job of simulating the natural metal appearance with painted plastic.  What photos I have seen online are unclear at best and the MicroAce catalog really lazily displays only quite limited and small side views (I feel some license to vent my frustration regularly about MicroAce since I am a regular customer of their expensive products nevertheless--please consider it 'constructive criticism.').  The set is somewhat expensive (list price around JPY 25000 for the 8-car set, findable for a bit cheaper) and I am fairly ambivalent about getting the normal door window or small door window variety but have no interest in the retirement half-blue scheme.

Thanks!

20100721m0602.jpg

Guest keio6000

Hi Mr Ochanonmizu,

thanks, but no, that's not it.  That's the 03 series - more modern than the 3000 series.  There is a 3000 series  (small window type) now on yahoo for about JPY 17000 i think.

I use a different service to purchase via Yahoo.jp, though would switch to this one (I haven't looked at it yet) if it provided the one feature that none of these seem to do:  store in Japan for those of us who travel there once per year so that we can pick up on our trips there.

Edited by keio6000

Hello Mr keio6000,

So sorry.  I am mistaken.  You are correct.  In my haste to assist you I failed to check your original post.  I believe you are looking for Micro Ace A6685.  There is one available at Yahoo right now: http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/173206110

The storage concept is a good idea.  Unfortunately, the cost of storage beyond 60 Days with Jauce makes shipping within 60 days a good idea.