Can't paste into post

I just tried to paste a link into a post and the textbox would not let me paste. 

This might be a W8.1 issue.

Edited by Jcarlton

Brian,

could you paste anything into a post (ie just text?) at time browsers/OS has odd lockups and things like copy and paste get flumoxed. usually a restart of the browser or the whole os takes care of it.

jeff

If Brian is referring to a right click paste from a Windows machine, then he is correct, the paste function hasn't functioned under the new software as long as it has been running.

Martijn Meerts

At least write my name right if you use a huge font size ;)

As for the paste issue.. I can't test it at the moment since I don't have a Windows machine available. I'll have to check once I get home. Does it not work in Windows in general, or is it just Explorer that's causing trouble?

At least write my name right if you use a huge font size ;)

As for the paste issue.. I can't test it at the moment since I don't have a Windows machine available. I'll have to check once I get home. Does it not work in Windows in general, or is it just Explorer that's causing trouble?

Hey, you have one of those weird northern European name, you can't honeslty expect me to remember how to spell it. I can barely get my own name right :P

Edited by Shashinka
Martijn Meerts

Strange.. I don't seem to have any issues.. Tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome on Mac, as well as IE11, Firefox and Chrome on Windows 8.1.

I'll have to look into it a bit more.. When you right click, do you get the right click menu, or does nothing happen at all?

Nothing happens at all.  Paste is greyed out on the right-click context menu.

Hello Mr VJM,

Please allow me to assist you with pasting text into the message.  If you right-click below the flashing cursor you will get a large context menu with the Paste option greyed out.  If you right-click on the flashing cursor line, or above, you will get a much smaller context menu with an active Paste option.  To paste the text below, I hit enter 3 x and then right-click while my arrow cursor is above the flashing cursor.

Working for me: W7 IE10.  Using Ctrl+V

Working for me: W7 IE10.  Using right-click, Paste.

Hey

Sorry for late responds, i just tried Again, but still can`t paste anything

brian

Hey

brian

Hey

brian

Hey

brian

... seems to be fine ... W7 IE10

Martijn Meerts

Okay, after doing a little bit of research, the problem is with the WYSIWYG plugin the forum software uses. It took a while for that to be updated to support IE11, and they finally updated it a few days ago, but just after Invision released a new version of the forum software.

As of yet, it's unknown when (or even if) Invision will offer an update to include the newer version of the WYSIWYG plugin. Their 'official' fix for now is 'we recommend using a different browser' .. Yeah, I know.. Great fix :D

Darn now i'm having the same issue... Running on Windows 8.1 IE 11...

Can't paste at all, be it text or links. Does nothing when I CTR-V or right click paste. Wanted to share some website but kept having this problem. Tried pasting over to words or any other note programs and re-pasting it over in the forum but still couldn't... Perhaps I should try with my phone but it's a hassle to type using the phone. Can anyone help? Thanks ¬

Did you try pasting into the middle of an already written text? Like entering a few worlds, moving the cursor between two words, then ctrl+v, shift+ins or right click on the cursor?

Thanks kvp for the suggestion!

Tried that, but still doesn't work. It just stops there.. anywhere along the lines - front, or centre, or rear... right click paste nor CTRL V doesn't work at all..

Besides that, I tried quoting your post but it didn't appear...

Martijn Meerts

It's an issue with the WYSIWYG editor used by the forum software. The developers of the editor have fixed it, but the developers of the forum software haven't made an update available yet to fix the issue...