sushi train

cteno4

Jeff, 

A mate was able to buy the two sets of erasers in Japan, cost me $A3.00, have modified a couple to fit in the open wagons, wont worry about chopsticks, have a tank car for the sauce, maybe forget about the wasabi.

There's a model railway show here in Melbourne over the coming weekend, our mob is there, so I hope to run the sushi trainon our layout.

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

Great! Sounds like the set I got. Blob of green clay for the wasabi, done! I need to dig out the big minitrix beam car I have as I think it’s just two separate truck units that attach to the beam. I could span them with a shortened pair of chopsticks. Or make a little swivel for a couple of small flats.

may think of popping on the inexpensive Kato knuckle couplers as with the weight of the erasers any bumps tend to sometimes uncouple the rapidos on the smaller cars. Usually I can fix it by flipping cars around to get a good chain of couplers but the positive lock knuckle couplers would make it a bit more flawless, especially with shows where you want a minimum of fiddling and wrecks while talking with someone!

jeff

Jeff,

Some British railways had four wheeled flats with a central bolster with side stanchions, that swivelled.

Two of these cars, with a couple of flats between them, were used to carry long loads such as bridge girders.

Don't think Japan had such cars.

Could a standard bogie flat, with a four wheeled flat at each end as a safety car, be used as a chopstick car?

Regards, 

Bill,

Melbourne.

I would not be surprised if there is one. There are cars in japan with systems like this with 2 or more cars to carry rail. With japan you can usually fine the prototype for just about everything!

jeff

jeff'

Yesterday Sunday 9th., I ran my sushi train at the Sandown Model railway and Hobby show and got some amused comments from the viewers.

Wasn't able to get any photos, too busy myself running trains, others doing other things.

If I can find a length of track, will see if I can get some shots myself.

Bill,

Melbourne.

Bill,

great, it’s well loved here. Great fun train to make. Did you keep the rapido couplers on? That’s on my list to put some Kato knuckle couplers in them as I guess their high weight causes the rapidos to uncouple randomly as they do slinky a bit with any small patch or dirty track or bump.

jeff

Jeff,

The wagons still had their Rapido couplers, no problems with uncoupling, may be due to the extra weight of the sushi items, and reasonably slow running..

We were running our large modular layout, which has the extendable joiners between each module, and these things can sometimes cause derailments or uncouplings, but no problems with these this time.

Bill, 

Melbourne.