AJMRG T-TRAK Display at Ballarat Model Train Show June 2013

Hi all,

I have been somewhat busy from June to all the way to October and with Halloween coming up and Melbourne Cup I am still going to be busy.

Anyway here are a few photos that can be found on the Australian Japanese Model Railway Group Facebook page from the Ballarat Model Train Show we did in June. Hope you like them and the fun part was to take photos during the nights were switched off, it's something different and I am pretty sure the camera took a good shots, but I am also getting a new camera next week so more fun taking night shots of the Japanese Trains and buildings.

http://www.facebook.com/AJMRG/photos_albums

and then click on the Ballarat Model Train Show album.

or go to my flickr page album

http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkey78/sets/72157637087797493/

post-559-0-00550800-1383051795_thumb.jpg

Edited by linkey
  • Like 4

Are these new modules? They look very good!

Are the station buildings and platforms by Greenmax perhaps? They look much better than Tomix or Kato's.

Are these new modules? They look very good!

Are the station buildings and platforms by Greenmax perhaps? They look much better than Tomix or Kato's.

1. No these are not new, just the figuration and the lightings has been added to them, but there are three new T-TRAK moudles been added to the layout, which were at the fron of the layout.

2. Yes majority of the buildings on the T-TRAK  layout are Greenmax buildings and platforms, this is due to they are much suited for the T-TRAK module than the KATO and Tomix buildings.

Good spotting on knowing they were Greenmax kits. 

Hi linkey:

Wow! Your layout looks really good! Is that a red AE-86 Trueno there beside the bus? I like the 'mafia' guy standing at the door...

*OT - how did you do the picture slide-show as shown on your thread? Looks really good! 

They are all good, I don't think I could pick out any one in partictular but the bridge over the canal with the fishing boat caught my eye.

I've got to get stuck in and finish the scenery on my Japanese themed modules (actually that should read "start the scenery on my Japanese themed modules").

Martijn Meerts

Looks good ;) I need to visit Australia some day, go to a show, and watch the layout in person. Australia is still an expensive destination to fly to from the Netherlands though, for some odd reason...

How did I get the slide show working is by embedding the link (my flickr account link) to the mesage by clicking on the link icon and paste the link I want of the photo set and it plays for me after I click post.

The major Model Train events for 2013 are starting to wind up, we only got one event to go for 2013 which is in Croydon (North-east of Melbourne) then we have our Christmas Lunch and hoping to be running trains again in Late Jan at Corio (near Geelong) 

Hi linkey:

Wow! Your layout looks really good! Is that a red AE-86 Trueno there beside the bus? I like the 'mafia' guy standing at the door...

*OT - how did you do the picture slide-show as shown on your thread? Looks really good! 

Unless the 86 has Fujiwara Tofu Shop on the side of it, then meh!  hehe just kidding.

Unless the 86 has Fujiwara Tofu Shop on the side of it, then meh!  hehe just kidding.

It's actually a Toyota Supra Celica Mk.3 from the MA60 Series. ;)

I don't think it's an AE-86 Tureno darn Initial D freaks *lol you are talking to an Anime watcher and committee member of the Melbourne Anime Festival* But I can find out more information about from the person who built the scene, knowing Trevor he wouldn't know exactly what type of car it is.

Since we have a small anime link going now.  I saw this on youtube the other day while searching for skinkansen 800 series.  Music is done by M.o.v.e and was made for a Japanese movie of the same title.  I have the movie in my collection for a few years now.

My young kids love the colours, cars, car noises and the j-pop music of both Intial D and Wangan Midnight.  But I've also got alot of live action stuff also like Speed Master, Special stage with 'Jackie' a widebody Mistsubishi Starion, and a few other drift movies.

(Sorry to go off topic)

Since we have a small anime link going now.  I saw this on youtube the other day while searching for skinkansen 800 series.  Music is done by M.o.v.e and was made for a Japanese movie of the same title.  I have the movie in my collection for a few years now.

Ah m.o.v.e.... So many great memories when I hear that name. I was a big fan of them when I was in high school in the Netherlands. When I heard they were coming to a convention there I made a comic (read it here: http://tonibabelony.deviantart.com/gallery/44578535) in honour of my love for Initial D and them, featuring the members of m.o.v.e (including t-kimura) in it. During a signing session, I handed one over to them during a signing session and got one signed in return. After that, I thought my experience was complete, but Motsu stumbled in the hotel bar I was in as well and had a few drinks with him. A changing experience was had indeed.

But yeah, enough off-topic.  :mblah05:

• Like 1

And here I was thinking of the Shinkansen were about to drift lol great Youtube link Katoftw.

All the photo shots from the thead topic was taken with an Olympus SZ-14 Compact digital camera (if you were wondering)