disturbman

How to bid in Japanese auctions for dummies.

chadbag

So I just tried my first ZenMarket.  2 different items form the same guy.  2 sniper bids.  We'll see how it works out.   Not using my SIL for this one.

JR 500系
6 hours ago, chadbag said:

So I just tried my first ZenMarket.  2 different items form the same guy.  2 sniper bids.  We'll see how it works out.   Not using my SIL for this one.

Zen Market's great! Their fees are reasonable, and their packing is professional! Do note that the downside is that your wallet will be feeling the strain....  

chadbag
Just now, JR 500系 said:

Zen Market's great! Their fees are reasonable, and their packing is professional! Do note that the downside is that your wallet will be feeling the strain....  

I've spent the afternoon scanning everything they have on Yahoo Auctions under "N gauge"...   Some interesting finds.  Lots of junk.   Some outrageous prices.  And  few good deals.

cteno4

Those really are nice! Almost tempting!

jeff

JR 500系

It would be interesting to see how much it ends up, but at the current 25k for a 2 car set I will have to turn away... 

disturbman

🤤

They look amazing!...

Current prices are 41k and 30k...

JR 500系

It's amazing how much these beautifully done custom models go for... 41.1k for the dragon and 30k for the Fish... Really well done, but way too costly for poor me... 

gavino200

Anyone know if these are custom paint jobs? Or are they decals that can be separately purchased somewhere? 

Gryphr

Does anyone know of a way to get a printable bill/invoice for parcels from ZenMarket that shows all the contents+prices (including shipping and so on)? My last parcel from them went straight through to me, but if the package gets "kidnapped" by customs you would need a bill/invoice/proof of payment to be able to pay import tax and retrieve the parcel.

They have a "Parcel Content" field, but it doesnt show the exact contents (only categories) and is missing the international shipping. The "Payments" tab shows all in- and outgoing monetary transactions of your ZM account and no product titles descriptions either so in doubt it would probably not be clear/readable enough for the customs officer.

While they have good service and prices I'm a bit hesitant to use them again for more expensive stuff as I don't want to risk having the package denied entry or the contents destroyed for lack of documentation...

Edited by Gryphr

Namba5

As for JAC, does anyone know if the sniper bid service they have automatically place the exact amount of your bid if the current bid is below your sniper amount? For example, if there's one other guy who bids ¥10000 and your sniper is ¥20000. Will the sniper bid just outbid it incrementally or automatically bid the max amount? Thanks!