Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
nartak

ModelTrainPlus

Went into the shop and introduced myself today.  What a big smile from Nariichi-san.

I think my kids were eager to jump the counter and play on the layouts.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, katoftw said:

Went into the shop and introduced myself today.  What a big smile from Nariichi-san.

I think my kids were eager to jump the counter and play on the layouts.

Thank you for the visit.

My pleasure to meet with you face to face.  Have a nice trip.

Here is the English product information for newly announced KATO products.

They are open for pre-order now.

NewModelInformation2017.10-001.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.10-002.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.10-003.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.10-004.jpg

• Like 10

Pre-order for newly announced KATO is up now.

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order

I will share English brochure once I got as usual.

With regarding KATO 10-1476/1477 Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T, I have not listed online for pre-order yet.

The reason is that KATO requesting retailers to sell this product only for Japan domestic market due to licensing contract term.

(Of course I know this kind of thing/operation doesn't work nowdays but need to respect their preference as well even I am also a bit frustrated....)

I will be visiting KATO for monthly meeting on next week and update to be shared later.  Thank you for understanding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That is a weird licensing agreement.  It seems like they are constricting their possible sales by doing so.

That is a weird licensing agreement.  It seems like they are constricting their possible sales by doing so.

Sounds almost like licenses of music and dvd’s and such.

Welcome to the wonderful, weird world of licensing! It rarely makes sense, but they have their reasons and many times impossible to change minds. Just have to deal with it... liscense owners have all sorts of ideas of how and what they want to do with their property and odd fears and assumptions that may not have a firm basis in reality.

use to give me headaches and glad I don't do that anymore as part of my work.

jeff

4 hours ago, katoftw said:

This 700T will be sold in Taiwan as well, I assume by Taiwan High Speed Rail by themselves.  So they don't want to have parallel imported item sold in Taiwan with lower price or something...

Also, each package will be having specific serial number... not so sure about this as this is not a limited item...

On 11/8/2017 at 7:09 PM, nartak said:

Pre-order for newly announced KATO is up now.

I will share English brochure once I got as usual.

With regarding KATO 10-1476/1477 Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T, I have not listed online for pre-order yet.

The reason is that KATO requesting retailers to sell this product only for Japan domestic market due to licensing contract term.

(Of course I know this kind of thing/operation doesn't work nowdays but need to respect their preference as well even I am also a bit frustrated....)

I will be visiting KATO for monthly meeting on next week and update to be shared later.  Thank you for understanding.

Its now available for pre-order.  From the Model Train Plus Facebook page:

"Things are cleared now.
Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T is now up for pre-order. Thank you for patience. Please go ahead and place pre-order. As production quantity is limited, I strongly recommend to place pre-order even it is still long time ahead."

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order/products/pre-order-kato-10-1476-taiwan-high-speed-rail-700t

bill937ca-san, Thank you for the update.

As already posted, pre-order for Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T is up.

Also I listed TOMIX pre-order as well.

I used to post English version of KATO product description on this thread, but I will post it on other thread as it is open and should be widely shared.

• Thanks 2