Facebook & Twitter login method support stopped Read more... ×
nartak

ModelTrainPlus

katoftw

Went into the shop and introduced myself today.  What a big smile from Nariichi-san.

I think my kids were eager to jump the counter and play on the layouts.

• Like 4

nartak
22 hours ago, katoftw said:

Went into the shop and introduced myself today.  What a big smile from Nariichi-san.

I think my kids were eager to jump the counter and play on the layouts.

Thank you for the visit.

My pleasure to meet with you face to face.  Have a nice trip.

nartak

Here is the English product information for newly announced KATO products.

They are open for pre-order now.

NewModelInformation2017.10-001.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.10-002.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.10-003.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.10-004.jpg

• Like 10

nartak

Pre-order for newly announced KATO is up now.

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order

I will share English brochure once I got as usual.

With regarding KATO 10-1476/1477 Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T, I have not listed online for pre-order yet.

The reason is that KATO requesting retailers to sell this product only for Japan domestic market due to licensing contract term.

(Of course I know this kind of thing/operation doesn't work nowdays but need to respect their preference as well even I am also a bit frustrated....)

I will be visiting KATO for monthly meeting on next week and update to be shared later.  Thank you for understanding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

katoftw

That is a weird licensing agreement.  It seems like they are constricting their possible sales by doing so.

Yavianice
That is a weird licensing agreement.  It seems like they are constricting their possible sales by doing so.

Sounds almost like licenses of music and dvd’s and such.

cteno4

Welcome to the wonderful, weird world of licensing! It rarely makes sense, but they have their reasons and many times impossible to change minds. Just have to deal with it... liscense owners have all sorts of ideas of how and what they want to do with their property and odd fears and assumptions that may not have a firm basis in reality.

use to give me headaches and glad I don't do that anymore as part of my work.

jeff

nartak
4 hours ago, katoftw said:

This 700T will be sold in Taiwan as well, I assume by Taiwan High Speed Rail by themselves.  So they don't want to have parallel imported item sold in Taiwan with lower price or something...

Also, each package will be having specific serial number... not so sure about this as this is not a limited item...

bill937ca
On 11/8/2017 at 7:09 PM, nartak said:

Pre-order for newly announced KATO is up now.

I will share English brochure once I got as usual.

With regarding KATO 10-1476/1477 Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T, I have not listed online for pre-order yet.

The reason is that KATO requesting retailers to sell this product only for Japan domestic market due to licensing contract term.

(Of course I know this kind of thing/operation doesn't work nowdays but need to respect their preference as well even I am also a bit frustrated....)

I will be visiting KATO for monthly meeting on next week and update to be shared later.  Thank you for understanding.

Its now available for pre-order.  From the Model Train Plus Facebook page:

"Things are cleared now.
Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T is now up for pre-order. Thank you for patience. Please go ahead and place pre-order. As production quantity is limited, I strongly recommend to place pre-order even it is still long time ahead."

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order/products/pre-order-kato-10-1476-taiwan-high-speed-rail-700t

nartak

bill937ca-san, Thank you for the update.

As already posted, pre-order for Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T is up.

Also I listed TOMIX pre-order as well.

I used to post English version of KATO product description on this thread, but I will post it on other thread as it is open and should be widely shared.

• Thanks 2

Pashina12

*Now* the ToRa90000s go on sale, after I bought some... XD

JR 500系
8 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

*Now* the ToRa90000s go on sale, after I bought some... XD

Some is never enough ~  :grin 

Now's the time for somemore! *pun intended*  :grin

Pashina12
Just now, JR 500系 said:

Some is never enough ~  :grin 

Now's the time for somemore! *pun intended*  :grin

On the Aizu Line, you're not wrong...

nartak

I will be an exhibitor at Osaka Umeda "Model Railroad Bazar".

The venue is  "ACT III HALL" where a walking distance from Osaka/Umeda station.

You are welcome to visit the event.

http://tetsumoba.blog.jp/archives/5312364.html

Sorry, the page is written in Japanese.

Jan. 13 - 10:00-17:00

Jan. 14 - 10:00-16:00

Sorry no display of layout or fun exhibit for kids...

• Like 1

TheNicofabi

Too bad I didn't know of it earlier... nor is my weekend free... would have loved to come to Osaka for a day just for this... (not sure its economical in the first place though...)

tt0880

Holy cow. I am like a kid in a candy store right now. Just discovered this website from the forums I am FLOORED! Amazing prices and an AMAZING selection. I just placed my first order with the website and I am so excited! An assorted collection of scenery, buses, and trains that I cannot wait to get in the mail.

Thank you so much for your amazing service, Nariichi-san. Assuming everything goes well with this order (which I'm confident it will based off of all this feedback) you have a dedicated customer! I wish I knew of the existence of this when I was in Japan last May... I would have totally visited. Next time!

Man, this store and Loco1hobby really don't want me to have money in my wallet, do they? At least tax season is coming up... ;) 

• Like 4

serotta1972

I was you over a year ago and still am somewhat today but a tiny bit more selective. I buy almost strictly from MTP and Loco1 because of the personal customer service provided by Nariichi and David.

• Like 3

tt0880

Anyone know how long Modeltrainsplus usually takes to ship out an order? Sadly I haven't gotten a notification that my order has shipped yet and I ordered last Saturday night :(

I did opt for the cheapest shipping, though (SAL)... Do you think since that doesn't have tracking that I don't get a notification that it shipped? Still satisfied with the site, I just hope my package gets shipped out soon! 

cteno4

Just email Nariichi San and he will let you know what’s going on.

jeff

katoftw

As per his website, his facebook account and also the info he has provided on this website.  He was at a train trade show of some description last weekend in Osaka.  So I'd expect some delays.

Also check your junk/spam folder in your emails.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Densha

I haven't received a reply to the inquiry I sent a few days ago yet either. I guess something came in-between that caused some delays.

Edited by Densha

bill937ca

I wasn't happy with the length of time it took to ship my reservation / order in December.

TheNicofabi
2 hours ago, bill937ca said:

I wasn't happy with the length of time it took to ship my reservation / order in December.

When exactly did you order?

katoftw

Sometimes life happens.  He was just on facebook moments ago.  So you cannot be too far away from getting answers.

Edited by katoftw