Train Simulation 2014 CM

qwertyaardvark

The most inspiring commercial I've ever come across for a train simulator. I dare say this is the Rail Fan's Manifesto!

* proud to be a rail fan *

Edited by qwertyaardvark
  • Like 1
qwertyaardvark

* sigh * Ah yes... there are those types as well... :P

Hey... that's the host from 秘密のケンミンSHOW! How many other shows does he do...

Yay for being a 乗り鉄! 

The interesting thing about the TS2014 promotional video are the Japanese trains in it.  Could this be a hint they my have some Japanese content in the future, to date they have had no official DLC outside the UK, USA and Germany.

qwertyaardvark

I had thought about that too when I saw the Shinkansen... The closest I saw to "Japanese" trains in the game were the ones that made it out of Japan, like the Hitachi Class 395 in the UK. I would love to see their rendering of a Japanese trains and urban/rural landscape!

I had thought about that too when I saw the Shinkansen... The closest I saw to "Japanese" trains in the game were the ones that made it out of Japan, like the Hitachi Class 395 in the UK. I would love to see their rendering of a Japanese trains and urban/rural landscape!

There is a Sanyo Shinkansen route with a 300 series on the UKTS site but nothing from Rail Simulator themselves yet.

The Japanese love their trains! Especially their Steam Loco! And i love being part of them! proud to be 乗り鉄! 乗り鉄! 乗り鉄! 乗り鉄! 乗り鉄! 

Lol, at

the ICE3 coupler hood is drawn back. Half of the times you see an ICE3 it's drawn back, even when there's snow as you can see in the video.

or here in the us or Britain or elsewhere! they are all over, just more of them in japan (probably equal to the rest of the world like train modelers!)

jeff

True, but I pass by many stations whilst not seeing any railfan but usually you see at least one if you're doing a "long" (as far long is long can be in the Netherlands) trip.

Edited by Densha
  • Like 1
but do the simulators come with densha otaku in the appropriate places?!

jeff

They could do a "Sayonara series XXX" scenario and have 5,000 teenagers on the platform taking pictures with their phones.

• Like 1