DD16-20

Lawrence

Hi guys

just bought a Micro Ace DD16-20 Ohmiya Factory loco on ebay, says it is a good runner but traction tyres have been removed for better electrical pick up.  Is this necessary or should I replace them?  (and if I need to replace them does anyone know where I can get them)

Micro Ace do not provide spares, sadly. If the loco does not pull enough for your liking then you could use Bullfrog Snot to replace the missing tyres.

• Like 1

Hello Mr Lawrence,

Please allow me to assist you with your question regarding loco tires on Micro Ace models.

Firstly, if your loco is only pulling 5-6 cars then tires may not be necessary.  Please try first.

Secondly, if you believe you require tires, simply measure the diameter of the wheel using Vernier Calipers and order the equivalent product from Kato or Tomix.  Please take care in measuring as some of the sizes are in half-millimetre.  For example, a 6mm tire will not fit on a 6.5mm wheel and a 7mm tire will easily fall off a 6.5mm wheel.

• Like 2

Cheers FP that was my thinking too if tyres were not available, never used BS but have heard good things about it

Ochanomizu thank you for your suggestions, I plan to use it as a yard shunter so perhaps I will be okay, but I will measure the wheels as you suggest

The little loco arrived today, wow what a lovely quiet, smooth runner :)  not tried pulling anything but after a quick wheel clean it just chugged round quite the thing.  Really pleased with it, might try a bit of shunting tomorrow.  Best £19 I've spent for a while!

• Like 1